Who's in for the shrimp opener?

Rob B

Reaction score
LOL I don't like being the one keeping them in business though... But that is very true. The marine business is doing well.

So, how did everyone else do? I only saw about 6 other boats out there. Talked to one guy in "keep her wet" I think and passed Joebut1985 along the way.

Trakn

Reaction score
Dam Rob that don't look good,,,hope you get back in the water soon. And I'll see you out there.

jrogers

Reaction score
I am a few days late, but I just started mine in the driveway to be sure and am all loaded up to go out tomorrow. General plan is to go burn some fuel, and shrimp, fish, and sight see. I have a friend in Cordova that I want to take out for a boat ride, so I may head out over that way if the weather stays nice.

AK2AZ

Reaction score
We changed our minds for the weekend and decided to go to Seward instead...will post the report.

Tyin 1 On

Reaction score
Rob- good to hear you made it back ok. We stopped and talked to you guys back in Harrison, we were thinking about you all and keeping an eye out for you. Shrimping was slow for us also, but couldn't beat the weather! Hope your back on the water soon.

Loose Change

Reaction score
Well with the reports coming in I think I will just have to support the commercial shrimp guys for a couple more weeks. :banghead:

Simon and Seafort's here I come!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Rob B

Reaction score
Rob- good to hear you made it back ok. We stopped and talked to you guys back in Harrison, we were thinking about you all and keeping an eye out for you. Shrimping was slow for us also, but couldn't beat the weather! Hope your back on the water soon.

Hey, thanks for checking on us while we were anchored up. I really appreciate that. We ended up slowly motoring back and held up in Blackstone for the night. How was the cabin? Looked like it was buried under all that snow.

chico99645

Reaction score
Rob,

Sorry to hear of your mishap, thats gotta suck. Glad your hull went unscathed! I wonder if you can claim that on your insurannce and if so would it be worth it?

AKBoater

Reaction score
I think claiming a dinged prop on insurance would be similar to claiming a flat tire. A very expensive tire, but a flat one none-the-less. You might be able to get the skags fixed on your insurance, but better watch the premium.

Jisler

Reaction score
ouch..
the real pita for rob will be the unbending or replacing of the bent prop shafts/drive shafts

chico99645

Reaction score
I think claiming a dinged prop on insurance would be similar to claiming a flat tire. A very expensive tire, but a flat one none-the-less. You might be able to get the skags fixed on your insurance, but better watch the premium.

I think its a little more than a dinged prop, I thought he said, both props and skegs as well as an engine siezed, and who knows what else like a bent shaft etc.. if its an unchartered rock, better yet for insurance. Not all insurances go up with a claim. Mine never have, but then again, it wasn't boat insurance, but home and vehicle have never gone up.

Rob B

Reaction score
Well, I got a call from the adjuster today. He said Dewey's was knee deep inside it right now. Yes I claimed it on my insurance due to the damage. I'm pretty sure one motor is done. Or it could be the top shaft bearing that took a beating and siezed up too. Not sure and won't know more until next week they say. Oh well. I sure learned a lot on this one for sure. Keep a spare prop on the boat is one of them. But enough about me and my mistake. I didn't mean to make this a big deal. Just mentioned it and pretty much embarrassed about the whole event. Sucks but I'll be back out on the water soon.

On a good note, I found out today tht I'm switching shifts and I'll have weekends off this summer. Woo Hoo........ No I get to fish with the wife and EVERYONE ELSE at the launch...... :lol:

Garyak

Reaction score
"I didn't mean to make this a big deal. Just mentioned it and pretty much embarrassed about the whole event."

I don't think you have made a big deal out of it...but being an absolute rookie hoping to launch from Whittier for the first time this season, I find your candid sharing of information invaluable. I'm sure old salts are paying due attention, as well. Thank you, Rob!

Rob B

Reaction score
Well thanks Gary. Don't let my mistake shy you away from the wonders of PWS it's an amazing place as I'm sure you have seen and read by now. All I can say is pay attention to where you are going and try to be as prepared as possible for the unexpected (uncharted rocks) or whatever else this big blue water throws your way. Ive been enjoying that place for several years and haven't seen half of it. This hiccup isn't going to slow me down one bit. Well maybe a month. Lol

skybust

Reaction score
Wow Rob weekends off must be nice LOL. Hope they get your boat done quick but if they dont your always welcome on my boat running the rivers Chris

Latest posts