Who's hunting opening day

skybust

Reaction score
Ill be out for the first three days cant wait myself and Duchhunter1 plan on camping with my son will be a blast. I feel like a kid coutning down for Christmas only 45 days left

akblackdawg

Reaction score
Everybody will be out, Labor Day Holiday weekend. Just need to duck and not be shot. Matter of fact, would be safer if everybody just stayed home and let me have the lake to myself. Bud

skybust

Reaction score
Bud how many days you staying out. Hugh and I plan on puting out one hell of a spread of decoys going to be hell of alot of fun.

akblackdawg

Reaction score
I will most likely hunt the first 2or 3 days then drop off to 2 or 3 times a week. anxous to try my new boat also, still havn't seen it, but David indicated it should be ready. never camped there, may consider it, usually just run back and fourth each day. easier for me since i don't have to carry in heavy boat and gear each day. Just talked with your neighbor about it today, "Mike". Bud

Jr hunter

Reaction score
I'll be going out pretty much for the first time and my dad is coming up and he's never been so it's going to be a blast!!!
Tanner:topjob:

akshootnscoot

Reaction score
Going to try to be out, but it depends on when the PWS seine season wraps up. Might be fishing late this year, which could hamper my plans.

skybust

Reaction score
I will most likely hunt the first 2or 3 days then drop off to 2 or 3 times a week. anxous to try my new boat also, still havn't seen it, but David indicated it should be ready. never camped there, may consider it, usually just run back and fourth each day. easier for me since i don't have to carry in heavy boat and gear each day. Just talked with your neighbor about it today, "Mike". Bud

Hugh I and my son will go in on Saturday and hunt the first two days then me and my son will leave every friday and camp and hunt till sunday

akblackdawg

Reaction score
Opps, i forgot....my biggest problem on opening day is that it is also my wifes birthday. Bud

skybust

Reaction score
I won't be able to hunt till the morning of the 4th because I'll be at work but I'll be hitting it hard that week home.
Tony thats got to be killing you not being able to go opening, got to make a livin though

0321Tony

Reaction score
Tony thats got to be killing you not being able to go opening, got to make a livin though
It's rough but on a good note I'll be hunting a day earlier than I was last year. And I'll be able to hunt opening day in another 3 years.
The first few days I start scouring the waterfowl forum living through all you guys and looking at the sky waiting for my turn. But yes it kills me, that first couple days of September is the longest all year for me and I'm pretty much worthless out here at work for those days with my eyes glazed over and visions of feet down ducks in my deeks every time I drop my welding hood.. This year might be even worse because I am really excited to see how the new pup does out there.

AK DUCKMAN

Reaction score
:shot:Sounds like I need to find a new place to camp. Or maybe just give it up all together

Latest posts