Who's going to Klutina?

whitten89

Reaction score
Anyone want to help me out on where the klutina is? i am itching to fish and it seems the russian is dead i want to go this weekend but not quite sure how to get there. thanks

Ak_Barbarian

Reaction score
Head up to glennallen take a right towards Valdez n drive until u c klutina river. Good luck!! It's about 4hr drive give or take depending on how fast u drive!!

907pride

Reaction score
Anyone want to help me out on where the klutina is? i am itching to fish and it seems the russian is dead i want to go this weekend but not quite sure how to get there. thanks

Mile 100.5 on the Richardson highway. Go to Glennallen then turn South. Drove about 20 miles and you can't miss it. If you get to Kenny Lake then you went too far. If you get to Valdez then you went way too far. hahaha

Reaction score
By far one of the worse palces to fish... For you regulars that fish the Kenai stick to that, Klutina is not that great...

TWB

Reaction score
By far one of the worse palces to fish... For you regulars that fish the Kenai stick to that, Klutina is not that great...

Truer words have never been spoken by this guy. HAHA!

fishin ak

Reaction score
anyone know how the action is now? I'm gonna hit the deshka tomorrow and thursday then planning on heading back to klutina on friday.......

SEAL HUMPER

Reaction score
Broke my Klutina cherry last weekend with fishin ak and the gang will have to say after fighting copper river reds and russian river reds within 8 hours of each other by far kenai reds win hands down more fight acrobatics and challenge to land, convience of fishing Klutina wins walk 20 yards from camp no hiking no bears, cooler full of cold ones within reach easy limits, taste of fish ? to be determined
P1010350.jpg

P1010352.jpg

P1010355.jpg

P1010366.jpg

P1010353.jpg

P1010349.jpg

Vince

Reaction score
Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time
Was good to meet ya Dan, kiddo turned into the fish Whisperer, and taught ret25yo, moxely a thing or three.. ( like wader handling ) ;)

We ended the week with 21 on the beach and processed and in the freezers

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

fishak

Reaction score
did a suicide run last night and it has been the slowest for me that i've ever fished there before. water is way up and fished a spot that is always productive for me. 3 of us fished it for 3 hours and got 3 and stopped at a place on the way back to the car and got 3 more in 2 hours. maybe i was fishing in the wrong spots or not doing it right? the bucks were still bright, but you could tell they would be turning soon and the hens were still dime bright. might be done going up there for the year, gonna wait it out and see how things change.

ga2akwild

Reaction score
Headed down to on the 19th for a few days, maybe the water will be a bit lower... Either way, a bad day of fishing is better than a day spent inside..

Vince

Reaction score
Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time
get outta here... your so full of it Vince.

Don't worry bro...i didn't tell ANYONE , from the forum, you had to borrow my 10 year old ( youth medium) daughters waders so you could catch a fish........or that you fell in face first... just like i promised...shhhh its still a secret ;)

TWB

Reaction score
Was good to meet ya Dan, kiddo turned into the fish Whisperer, and taught ret25yo, moxely a thing or three.. ( like wader handling ) ;)

We ended the week with 21 on the beach and processed and in the freezers

Same same. Oddly enough only I brought my A-game and my peeps couldn't catch a **** thing lol

Ps waders are overrated. Shouldn't hafta get your feet wet to limit out. ;)

biglou001

Reaction score
Went down yesterday. Water is way high and running fast. Downstream of the bridge it looked like the Russian River with how many people were there. My daughter and I walked down about 1/2 way to the mouth and found a good spot with room to fish. We both limited in about 3 hours. It took awhile to figure out where the fish were. It was a good day. I got to spend time with my daughter and teach her the art of flipping. She actually outfished me - she had more fish on than me, but we both managed to limit. She had to wait on the bank awhile while I caught my last fish... FishOn!!! :proud: Klutina with Corina 003.jpg Klutina with Corina 007.jpg

Mashesta

Reaction score
We went down June 10-12 and had a blast. First time fishing for Reds there. Also first time playing with the GoPro my wife got me. Not the best video but learned some things, like not to try fishing and getting video of others at same time because it causes for some shaky video running down the bank to film hehe.

http://youtu.be/Awqc0u7tvtQ

fishin ak

Reaction score
I'm heading down here in about half hour for an overnight trip, will report back tomorrow evening.........

Fishin Injun

ret25yo

Reaction score
Don't worry bro...i didn't tell ANYONE , from the forum, you had to borrow my 10 year old ( youth medium) daughters waders so you could catch a fish........or that you fell in face first... just like i promised...shhhh its still a secret ;)

ahhhaa,, funny guy, who ate s*** this weekend??