Who's Game Bacon?

Reel Bob

Reaction score
More processors are making game bacon... Who do you think makes the tastiest?

bkmail

Reaction score
Indian valley, get the peppered bacon made. Excellent stuff!
Mikes meats makes it also but it's like spam, which is o.k. if thats what you are expecting......I was not and was surprised when I picked it up.
BK

Milo

Reaction score
I've had Mikes Meat's and while I thought the flavor was excellant, the large chunks of fat trying to replicate the look of real bacon was not good.

I've moved on to other shops for what I can't do myself, but I need to find some good bacon too.

Bill S.

Reaction score
I've tried Mike's Meats in Eagle River and Indian Valley. I prefer Indian Valley myself and the peppered bacon is indeed excellent. It is worth the drive down to me.

High Country

Reaction score
I will vote for Mike's Meats. I have tried both Indian Valley and Mike's Meats and although I don't think you can go wrong either way, I prefer the finer grind of Mike's Meats.

HuntNphotos

Reaction score
I have had caribou done by Mikes and my wife took some of her moose to Indian Valley last year. I think its a toss up. You will be happy with either one.

swampdonkey

Reaction score
Mike's has done mine for years. Even though I'm not a huge fan of the intermitten fat globs in it, the flavor is good and the grind is fine with us. Our family digs it. Might try IV just for a comparison...

Boater

Reaction score
Have eaten Mike's bacon for a long time. It's fine. However, I recently had some Caribou meat turned into bacon by Indian Valley and I will never go back to Mike's Meats for that. I am not talking trash about Mike's; just sayin', the black pepper bacon by IV is preferred at my house. We like the flavor and the the fat chunks are smaller.

POLE BENDER

Reaction score
Mikes has my vote for bacon, just picked up 35 pounds of it again this year. IV's tastes much more like canadian bacon than regular baco to me..
i have however NOT tried the black pepper, so will indeed do that.