Who all heading out to get some green this weekend

akblackdawg

Reaction score
I've only hunted one weekend day this season, certainly is nice to be retired and hunt weekdays. Bud

cmbrian

Reaction score
We're froze up solid out here in Bethel, and we haven't seen a bird in 5 days. The green heads we did have last week were bright and well colored. But they're gone now. Oh well, I'll be hunting sea ducks with Buck down in Seldovia the first week of December. CANNOT WAIT!

Wetland Retrievers

Reaction score
Bud, this time of year I have a lot of free time. All the dogs are out hunting. .....
During the summer I don't get a chance to go fishing cause I'm up to my eyeballs with retrievers. Though I'd rather duck hunt than fish. Haha

The photo is from the Kustatan. I flew down there early this morning.

Those looking to fly in on floats. Bad news for you. All large fresh water ponds are 50% covered. Everything small and shallow is froze. I walked across stuff today that I normally would be up to my shin in muck. As the morning went along and the wind started picking up the ice did soften. Don't know if things will completely thaw. It may if it rains pretty steadily. Snowing in Kenai right now.

4merguide

Reaction score
Bud, this time of year I have a lot of free time. All the dogs are out hunting. .....
During the summer I don't get a chance to go fishing cause I'm up to my eyeballs with retrievers. Though I'd rather duck hunt than fish. Haha

The photo is from the Kustatan. I flew down there early this morning.

Those looking to fly in on floats. Bad news for you. All large fresh water ponds are 50% covered. Everything small and shallow is froze. I walked across stuff today that I normally would be up to my shin in muck. As the morning went along and the wind started picking up the ice did soften. Don't know if things will completely thaw. It may if it rains pretty steadily. Snowing in Kenai right now.

In Soldotna it snowed a half inch yesterday afternoon, then rained hard last night. Been raining hard this morn now for a few hours....

Great pic of your lab btw....:topjob:

Jr hunter

Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck with lucky duck wake maker magnets? I got some to help keep the ice from forming again at cottonwood on Sunday but not to sure about them.

kwackkillncrew

Reaction score
Better off yanking a jerk cords on 6 decoys to try and keep water open

Sent while partying

Alaska swamp man pro staff

bkbaker

Reaction score
tatusabu.jpg

Why wait for the weekend!! Doubled on a pair of greenheads.

bkbaker

Reaction score
Killer day on the marsh. Most ducks I've see flying except opening morning.
ebaha6ur.jpg
A couple of Marsh Ninjas showed up for the hunt.

skybust

Reaction score
Had a another great weekend on the marsh. Duckhunter1 got a great Can and scored on a three curl green head, and one of the guys we hunt with got a band. Nothing better than two days on the marsh with good people and my son.

c6 batmobile

Reaction score
Didnt see a ton of puddle ducks but there is till some hunting to do. Wondering if most of the birds bailed out early. Seems I was still up to my eyeballs in birds this time last year.

tons0fun

Reaction score
Was out hunting grouse near a mat su river n saw colored up mallards theirs still here in certain areas

c6 batmobile

Reaction score
Maybe this warm weather front has them still hanging up and yet to move down yet. Guess we'll see.