Who all heading out to get some green this weekend

skybust

Reaction score
Ill be out both Saturday and Sunday hoping to put the smack down on some greenheads good luck to all and be safe

Jr hunter

Reaction score
The atv trail at cottonwood had inch thick ice all along the path. Made for hideous walking and put a hole in the boots of my waders.

JuliW

Reaction score
hoping for cooperative weather this weekend for one last opportunity this year. Who knows, maybe even the next weekend will be good!

Question - is it better to have many hunters pushing the ducks around, or a few which puts less pressure on them?

Duckhunter01

Reaction score
Depends on where you hunt, size of water, type of birds, weather conditions etc. but basically yes if the body of water is larger than 60-100 Acres. Doesnt take much room for ducks to feel comfortable and land after being shot at.

hoping for cooperative weather this weekend for one last opportunity this year. Who knows, maybe even the next weekend will be good!

Question - is it better to have many hunters pushing the ducks around, or a few which puts less pressure on them?

kwackkillncrew

Reaction score
I am staying in this weekend and getting decoys ready for some white next weekend

Sent while partying

Alaska swamp man pro staff

kwackkillncrew

Reaction score
I am staying in this weekend and getting decoys ready for some white next weekend

Sent while partying

Jr hunter

Reaction score
Im really wanting to go out duck hunting still but cottonwood is all frozen could anyone lend some advice on where to go. I was thinking reflection lake but not sure. Any advice would help.

kwackkillncrew

Reaction score
No problem. Don't get me wrong seeing green heads back pedaling into the dekes is fun. But there is something about divers flippin and rippin through my spread that really gets me going

Sent while partying

tons0fun

Reaction score
I'm curious too cotton wood is froze up pretty much where else in the mat su are people able to find and hunt ducks seems like if it's frozen then they will just keep going south.

Duckhunter01

Reaction score
when you refer to cottonwood being fronzen..its the trail and thin marsh land and water holes. Dont forget about the tidal water side and the larger bodies of water back there. With the winds, possible rains, and warmer temps this weekend will probably be the last but if you can break up some ice or find the open water you will have birds in your face...

I know we will have a banner shoot this weekend no doubt. possibly an ice hunt next week or move to the river for some action. Then it will be on to divers on open water and sea ducks no doubt.

Dont give up yet..buddy sent me pics yesterday of some beautiful greenheads..knowing we have waited a year for this weekend..no way are we sitting it out..;)

tons0fun

Reaction score
I'm gonna go give a try anyway I need the experience for next year I'll know what to do better

Wetland Retrievers

Reaction score
image.jpg All this talk about green got my trigger finger itchy. I couldn't wait til the weekend. Sorry. I was getting the trembles. I'm much better now.