Where can I find trail maps for Alaska?

AKGypsy

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm new to Anchorage and this Forum. I was just wondering if there are any trail maps for Anchorage or Alaska available on the internet? My husband just bought a couple of second hand snowmachines and we would like to take our boys out. (Teenagers). Also, are there any laws that we should know about? Thanks!

MacGyver

Reaction score
Trail maps

Trail maps

Most snowmobile shop have trail maps.

AKmud

Reaction score
A good ride...

A good ride...

Make your way up to Sheep creek lodge on the Parks hwy. They used to have a pretty good trail system that they groomed up to the mountains behind the lodge. I'm not sure if the trails are still groomed, but they are still there. Check with the lodge about a map. They used to have them just inside the door.

Good place to eat lunch too.

Douglask

Reaction score
Riding

Riding

Hatcher Pass is also a great place to ride groomed trails (they groom/open area once they receive 36 inches of snow) and shot off the trails to play in the powder. However, you do need to have your snowmachine registered with the states and they now charge you $5 to park there. Trail maps for the area are available...I got mine from one of the local Park Ranges. Otherwise, I guess the maps are available at the Park office. For condiions call Mat-Su area headquarters at 745-3975.

Trail Boss

Reaction score
Winter Park Cabins

Winter Park Cabins

As Trail Boss for The Willow Trail Comm. we maintain and groom about 110 miles of trails in the Willow area west of the Parks Hyw. These trails lead all over Southcentral. New trail maps will be at the local stores soon! If you need more info contact us at [email protected]