What BARNES .416 Caliber 325 gr. "X" Bullets be used For Alaska???

AGL4now

Unavailable
Reaction score
Is there an application for BARNES .416 Caliber 325 gr. "X" Bullets in Alaska.........??? As I recall I don't think they have a crimping groove.

1Cor15:19

Reaction score
Is there an application for BARNES .416 Caliber 325 gr. "X" Bullets in Alaska.........??? As I recall I don't think they have a crimping groove.
Is this the original "X" bullet? I'm not aware of a TSX or TTSX offering in a .416 325 grain.

I can't imagine an AK animal that could shake off a 325 grain X should that strike your fancy. I've crimped the original X and the XLC using a Lee Factory Crimp die with much success. The TSX and TTSX are more crimp tolerant using any of the rings as a crimp ring.

AGL4now

Unavailable
Reaction score
Yes, I believe they are the "Original" Barnes line of "X" bullets. I have about two or three hundred. Any rough idea of there value........???

iofthetaiga

Reaction score
Yes, I believe they are the "Original" Barnes line of "X" bullets. I have about two or three hundred. Any rough idea of there value........???
They're "worth" about $30 to $40 a box, but as always, that's subject to someone being willing to buy them. Similarly, I have a boatload of .338 X's, both original and blue, but I'll probably have them forever as there isn't much of a market for them.

AGL4now

Unavailable
Reaction score
Thank You.........

They're "worth" about $30 to $40 a box, but as always, that's subject to someone being willing to buy them. Similarly, I have a boatload of .338 X's, both original and blue, but I'll probably have them forever as there isn't much of a market for them.

limon32

Reaction score
I don't know how many is in a box but I'd expect to pay around a buck a piece for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iofthetaiga

Reaction score
I don't know how many is in a box but I'd expect to pay around a buck a piece for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup. Since my last post I looked at my inventory and the last price tag (some 12 years ago) shows I paid $49 for the .338's, so I was a bit low.

Latest posts