What are these pistols worth?

Arcticwildman

Reaction score
My coworkers husband passed away unexpectedly a few weeks ago. She has been going through his stuff and found 3 pistols that she has no idea of what they are worth. She was left in a bad way since he didn't have life insurance and is looking to sell them. I'm not a pistol person myself so I'm not much help. Can anybody give me an idea what each gun could be sold for?

All are NIB and supposedly never fired.

Ruger Mark III Hunter

Ruger Single Six 22 LR

Ruger New Blackhawk 44 Mag

Attachments

• Ruger Mark 111 hunter.jpg
    Ruger Mark 111 hunter.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 22 LR Single Six.jpg
    22 LR Single Six.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 0

The German

Reaction score
I'm thinking that you, or her should take them into Aaron @ Gator Guns, right there on the Hiway just before Kenai on the right, and who know's, that may have been where her Husband bought them,,,,,, anyway, Aaron is Pretty Fair to deal with,,,, Hell, he might just make her an "Offer" for all 3, right then and there, or put them on Con-Signment,,,,, you can also "Google" all 3 of those Pieces, with the info: you have listed above, and she can see what they are selling for,,,,, Good Luck.
TG:topjob:

4merguide

Reaction score
A look around gunbroker.com should be able to give you a pretty good idea. Also, very sorry for her loss. Unexpected can be very hard.....

iofthetaiga

Reaction score
A look around gunbroker.com should be able to give you a pretty good idea.
Was just doing that... Not a whole lot of recently sold examples to choose from, but based on what's there I'd ballpark the following:
MK-III Hunter $450ish, maybe $500
Super Blackhawk Hunter .44 Mag $500-$600
.22 Single-Six convertible $350-$450

Yukon Cornelius

Reaction score
My coworkers husband passed away unexpectedly a few weeks ago. She has been going through his stuff and found 3 pistols that she has no idea of what they are worth. She was left in a bad way since he didn't have life insurance and is looking to sell them. I'm not a pistol person myself so I'm not much help. Can anybody give me an idea what each gun could be sold for?

All are NIB and supposedly never fired.

Ruger Mark III Hunter

Ruger Single Six 22 LR

Ruger New Blackhawk 44 Mag

im going off memory here but roughly 20-25% off new price.

$400, $500, and $500 give or take and those estimates might be a little low.
Used market is strange. Some are willing to pay full price. Some pennies on the dollar. Friends might pay a little more. I'm not a fan of consignments or taking in to any store. The percentage the business takes will always drive your bottom dollar down.

AGL4now

Unavailable
Reaction score
The thing about Gunbroker.com is that things appear to be a good deal as compared to buying local. It is the additional costs that need to be allowed for. 3% to 4% so called convenience FEE for credit card. Then roughly $40.00 shipping to Alaska. (Yes.....the stated shipping seems lower till you read further that it is more for Alaska & Hawaii). Now you still have a local FFL fee........currently $30.00 to $50.00

$399.00 gun + $14.00 Credit Card fee + $40.00 shipping + $35.00 Local FFL fee = $488.00

A gun you can buy local for $199.00 is a screaming deal on Gunbroker for only $149.99 till you add the $6.00+$40.00+$35.00= $231.00

I was buying a scope on Gunbroker till realized the Credit Card fee was $64.00

Yukon Cornelius

Reaction score
The thing about Gunbroker.com is that things appear to be a good deal as compared to buying local. It is the additional costs that need to be allowed for. 3% to 4% so called convenience FEE for credit card. Then roughly $40.00 shipping to Alaska. (Yes.....the stated shipping seems lower till you read further that it is more for Alaska & Hawaii). Now you still have a local FFL fee........currently $30.00 to $50.00

$399.00 gun + $14.00 Credit Card fee + $40.00 shipping + $35.00 Local FFL fee = $488.00

A gun you can buy local for $199.00 is a screaming deal on Gunbroker for only $149.99 till you add the $6.00+$40.00+$35.00= $231.00

I was buying a scope on Gunbroker till realized the Credit Card fee was $64.00
I got a friend that always seems to find good deals on gun broker. Free shipping and all. I have no idea how he does it. He also sends moneynorder to avoid the extra fees.

Inise gun broker as my guide when I want to buy or sell.

Smitty of the North

Reaction score
SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points
I O's post #5 sounds very correct to me.

Sometimes, you can't get what a gun is really worth. Fortunately, those are desirable guns, but often there needs to be some incentive to buy.

A good idea would be, having someone sell it for you, free of charge, at a gun show using those prices, and mentioning the situation. Some, would appreciate that and be more likely to buy or haggle the price.

Smitty of the North

hodgeman

Reaction score
IoT is pretty much on the money. Those are all relatively desirable pieces and NIB condition helps. The used market is fickle, and especially so if you're in a hurry but those are all new production pieces and will likely attract a buyer.

I bought and later sold a Ruger Blackhawk Hunter for $500 a couple of years ago, it was about a 95% gun.