"WANTED" SMALL Wood stove, Very small woodstove, SMALL

AGL4now

Unavailable
Reaction score
I am looking for a small woodstove for a very small building (7'X10')........I would like something more solid than a wall tent stove. Most tent stoves are made to be lightweight. I want something about that size but heavier duty for a fixed installation.

Ideas.....suggestions.....?????????

MacGyver

Reaction score
Have someone make one for you out of ¼ inch plate.

Amigo Will

Reaction score
Our Ace hardware sell a small Franklin stove.I think they run about $350. here cast iron.

AGL4now

Unavailable
Reaction score
I wonder if there is a market in Alaska for someone to produce on a small scale (say 10 units at a time) for a small stove like I am wanting. I am thinking maybe it could be based around 10" well casing, maybe 16" long.

I can build one for ya...

sweepint

Reaction score
I would suggest a small gas DV stove, the wood stove chimney will cost more than the stove does.

pipercub

Reaction score
They sell a nice small cast iron wood stove for wall tents. I use one in an 8' X 10' wall tent. Ak Tent and Tarp or Sportsman might have one. They are cylindrical with removable legs....

Arrowchaser

Reaction score
I was going to suggest something like this http://tallpinesfarm.com/wood/f602cb.html Yotul F 602.
But I like the looks of the marine stoves for a small space. Although, considering the temps in Ak. I would
rather have a stove that is a little too big and put in less wood than have a stove that is smaller and
not be able to add more wood. I guess it also depends on how well the building is insulated and when
you will be using the stove.

Snow

Reaction score

Here is one I got off of Amazon I paid a total of 53 bucks total to my door step. It works very well and heats up my 10x10 nice in minus temps. Good luck on your search.

Big Bend

Reaction score
Your wood storage under the stove looks a little out of place????

Snow

Reaction score
http://www.amazon.com/Portable-Mili...408362360&sr=8-5&keywords=portable+wood+stove

I used a piece of steel exhaust flex pipe. Worked really good and needed a kink in stove pipe going up. As for the wood under the stove it is just stored there for now I don't use it in the summer time. It will be moved before I start to use it. I also put some heavy tin foil on the pipe because I thought it might leak but the pipe does not leak.

JR2

Reaction score
I would have AKMud make one for you. Years ago the guys at S&S muffler up in Mountain View used to weld up some small ones that were about a foot square, put out decent heat.