too old?

WannaBfromSC

Reaction score
So, I was just reading back over this old post from 2018..it's now 2022 and I am running slower than I had thought. I still don't have my commercial rating yet. I have my PPL and have accumulated just over 180 hours in almost 4 years now..Working on IFR and should have that completed before summer for sure. From there it is only about 50 more hours before I have enough for Commercial. It is expensive is the reason I am moving so slowly overall. I am in a club so I get a pretty decent deal on time in comparison..but still quite a bit of cash. With some luck I will get commercial down and possibly CFI by this time next year..that should speed up the hours a bit if I can get a part-time job teaching or something.
Thanks to all who responded to this thread when it was new..I am taking the advice in, may just be about 90 before it comes to fruition. Lol.

upstreamV

Reaction score
Good luck to you. Moderation and exercise is your friend as a pilot. We maintain our aircraft and our proficiency but it’s easy to overlook the daily factors which keep us ready for the next medical.