• The Forum will be unavailable on March 27, 2023 from 8:AM to 12:00 PM EST for maintenance.

The Gov and Ahtna, at it again

tvfinak

Reaction score
sell out?

sell out?

I wonder if any of the "sunshine" laws on the meetings would apply.

Hopefully Walker will not sell us out. We all need to contact his office tomorrow.

I read the brief as "We want more money from people using the access". No surprise.

I haven't seen anything about this in the news except in the article I'm linking to:
http://mustreadalaska.com/walker-rolls-over-on-access-klutina-lake-fishing-grounds/

Here is a brief filed by the good lawyers of Ahtna:
http://www.nativefederation.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Summary-paper_Klutina-2.pdf

Arcticwildman

Reaction score
Get used to this folks. Native groups are pushing to lock up and/or control as much land as possible in Alaska. We can write letters fighting it but Native political clout is only growing and we are going to be losers in the end.

akmatt66

Reaction score
The channel 2 news ran this story this morning.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Jomama

Reaction score
Multiple state Agencies spent a lot of time and money documenting the trail, and current & historic use and I believe the Agencies are being ignored in lieu of a cheap & easy settlement that avoids the courts... This sets a terrible precedent too for other RS2477 public use claims across Native Corp lands... It definitely warrants the concern.

fshgde

Reaction score
This settlement lays the groundwork for any landowners adjacent to charge for traveling a cross a rs 2477. This is ok if you are using their lands for camping or recreating but not to pass through.

Latest posts