Take a look at this beauty for 225K

Garyak

Reaction score
That sucker has more windows than my whole dang house does...and worth a whole lot more, too!

Roger45

Reaction score
Strange...a 42' boat with seating for two. Small interior made for commercial use and other than the Captain's seat, no place to sit, eat, cook, or relax for those not driving. Set up to sleep two in a crammed bow it looks. Maybe there is a lot more that I am missing in the photos, but it would need a major upgrade inside to make it even an overnighter IMHO. A good start though...

potbuilder

Reaction score
Strange...a 42' boat with seating for two. Small interior made for commercial use and other than the Captain's seat, no place to sit, eat, cook, or relax for those not driving. Set up to sleep two in a crammed bow it looks. Maybe there is a lot more that I am missing in the photos, but it would need a major upgrade inside to make it even an overnighter IMHO. A good start though...

Small interior ?? guess nobody can use the other seat and the seating on the wall behind that seat. Crammed bow ? i'd bet those bunks are 7ft. Yeah go buy one of those floating tin campers with outboards for $300,000 plus bucks:confused: You could stick a 24 hewes on the deck and still have room.
bb.jpg

ASUS-DAG

Reaction score
That's a working mans boat, not a Play Boy boat.

FamilyMan

Reaction score
I think I could cram into that and be a very happily crammed camper. What a beast; no claustrophobia on that.

JR2

Reaction score
Someone buy if for me and pay for the fuel and I will give weekly updates on my comfort while living on the boat... Oh ya someone has to pay the shipping to Whittier as well.

ptarmigan

Reaction score
That boat is a beauty. I've spent a many days off of Mount Desert Rock on one similar to that while chasing tuna. She could handle some pretty nasty water running out to Georges Bank I'm sure. The only thing that makes them more pleasurable to stand on is a fir deck, but they take a lot more work to keep up. I'd take that over a tin can any day, if only because I've spent a lot of time on one hauling traps and/or bottom fishing.

Bob the fisher

Reaction score
Ya I was guna say that looks just like one of them boats you see on those tuna fishing shows on the tv... It looks to be in pretty good condition...

potbuilder

Reaction score
Here is one I ran across that seems like a good value and a good fit for Alaska. It is a lot of boat for the money.

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/200...ed-States?utm_campaign=em_pbs_yw#.U396ZvldWSo

Maybe I will give them a call myself after I drop my 'tin can camper' off at the recycler.

you'd be taking a giant step backwards if you bought that rig !! I can't tell from the pictures but looks like it has the older A or B series volvo's in it, funny how the broker doesn't show full pictures of the engines ??

Big Jim

Reaction score
Hey I have a Hewes 24' and it's not that tiny! :)
Always have had a soft spot for those east cost style boats. There's a few in the Homer harbor that are pretty sharp, the Adromeda is probably the nicest one here, all the classic lines and beige/green color scheme.

JR2

Reaction score
Finally a great answer to the question how I drive my subaru to the eastside to go clamming. It'd probably hold a few rigs in there eh?

So how many gps does it burn? ;-)

I have no idea, but with twin 500 hp diesels driving jets I would guess the number is not small. You would probably have to fill the whole bow with barrels just to get to the east side to clam... but you could do it at 50 mph..

I think potbuilder should buy it and use it as a bowpicker in PWS.:topjob:

FamilyMan

Reaction score
You bet. With the killer camo on that boat no one will ever know where you go to find those footlong razors, right?