STUPID-STUPID-STUPID GRrrrrrrrrrrrr Some people are just STUPID

AGL4now

Unavailable
Reaction score
OK, I am trying to buy a Leupold Scope on E-Bay. However they refuse to sell it to me because it can't be shipped to a foreign country. Here is their last response: "You will have to contact your local customs. Customs will not allow us to ship this item".

Note: This company is in the continental United States. And thinks Alaska is a foreign country.

limon32

Reaction score
Wow thats disappointing, i'd be concerned about the scope being genuine, sounds like its coming out of California?

duckslayer56

Reaction score
Hey, I had a guy here in Maryland think AK was an island out by Hawaii. Most maps show AK and HI by themselves, and I guess he wasn't aware that AK was attached to Canada.

Amigo Will

Reaction score
Saw a add in Fur Fish and game that said they sold traps all over the U.S. and Alaska.

duckslayer56

Reaction score
I'm just waiting to hear what the exchange rate for american money to alaskan money is...

FL2AK-Old Town

Reaction score
I'm just waiting to hear what the exchange rate for american money to alaskan money is...

I tell people (Lesser 48-ers) that it is generally 1.5:1 given that most items are at least half again more expensive in the Republic of Alaska than it is in America.

AKBEE

Reaction score
Friggin crazy! I too have had my share of people not knowing where we are and have had some actually argue about it.
Aside from stupidity- shipping is nuts!
I was just pricing some tires I can't find locally and one large tire retailer wanted $712 for shipping 4 tires to me ground. 2 day air was $1200.

AGL- let me know what scope you were wanting...I have a couple of leupolds I might let go of.

BEE

AGL4now

Unavailable
Reaction score
Thanks I have about 30+ Leupolds. This is a special Tactical Leupold scope. http://www.leupold.com/hunting-shooting/scopes/mark-4-mrt-riflescopes/mark-4-mrt-1-5-5x20mm-30mm-m2/ I have the top reticle and I am wanting to also own the middle reticle Leupold part # 110180 with the http://www.leupold.com/reticles/whitepaper/cmr2-moa-subtension-info_1708/

Friggin crazy! I too have had my share of people not knowing where we are and have had some actually argue about it.
I was just pricing some tires I can't find locally and one large tire retailer wanted $712 for shipping 4 tires to me ground. 2 day air was $1200.

AGL- let me know what scope you were wanting...I have a couple of leupolds I might let go of.

BEE

ADfields

Reaction score

BEE
Have them sent to Lynden Fife Wasington and let them foward to you here, wa to ak should be $100-150.

AGL4now

Unavailable
Reaction score
I have 200,000 Alaska Airline miles, I can fly down and get it. Or have it sent to family and have them mail it for $8.00

Have them sent to Lynden Fife Wasington and let them foward to you here, wa to ak should be $100-150.

68 Bronco

Reaction score
"Sir, we only ship to the continental US."
"Mam, Alaska is part of the continental US"

A few times I have held some companies to their 'free shipping to continental US' just out of spite for being treated rudely. They get a memorable geography lesson and the web page jargon switched tout suite. Lucky they did not not ship me a box of rattlesnakes. :)

AKBEE

Reaction score
Thanks Andy. I had some other mud tires sent up that way and saved a couple hundred bucks.
AGL- good luck with getting it and I hope it is a good buy.

rbuck351

Reaction score
Keep in mind that half the people in the world are below average. And, average isn't all that high.

AK Bearcat

Reaction score
This is one of the 'topics' that can get real interesting if it was not so true! Over the years, like everyone one else, I could go on an on about what some people think about Alaska!

Old John

Reaction score
This is one of the 'topics' that can get real interesting if it was not so true! Over the years, like everyone one else, I could go on an on about what some people think about Alaska!

For a number of years, I was a purchasing agent (Supply Officer) for AK DOT/PF. I shoulda kept a log of all the stupid excuses people would give us for not being able (wanting to) sell and ship something for the State. I could have published it all in a little book and made a buck..!

Tearbear

Reaction score
OK, I am trying to buy a Leupold Scope on E-Bay. However they refuse to sell it to me because it can't be shipped to a foreign country. Here is their last response: "You will have to contact your local customs. Customs will not allow us to ship this item".

Note: This company is in the continental United States. And thinks Alaska is a foreign country.

And most likely think we all live in igloos...:think:

Smokey

Reaction score
I heard Alaska was purchased by the US but no humans live there cause its covered in several feet of snow year round...?

Back when Sara Palin was running for VP I was at a family gathering and a comment was made by a gal " Well, if she gets elected she will have to move to the United States" ! There are a lot of very oblivious people that just don't pay much attention to things outside of their personal interests...

tccak71

Reaction score
Hey, I had a guy here in Maryland think AK was an island out by Hawaii. Most maps show AK and HI by themselves, and I guess he wasn't aware that AK was attached to Canada.

Yep. Got that when I was in the military too!!