Spring Riverboat Gathering @ Susitna Landing...

Water_Gremlin

Reaction score
Dog I won't be able to make this trip but I did just pick up a sweet new boat the other day. You are more than welcome to drag the old gal up to the Su landing if you need a boat for the weekend. It's not a big boat and the cargo capacity is kinda limited. Still it will get the job done. Just let me know.

Here is a pic
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k200/Water_Gremlin/5f9de7c0.jpg

LuJon

Reaction score

OzAK

Reaction score
Locked in my site, C-40, should be down early Friday evening if things go as planned. I'll have my 14 year old son with me at least, perhaps more. We fish, we boat, sometimes we get stuck. Looking forward to meeting all of you, will arrive prepared for most anything, almost! Jeff told me the sites are doubles so 1875XA if you need a spot, come on in. See you all in May.

c-bolt

Reaction score
Im going to be in spot 51. Prefer somebody who can watch their words around my 5 y/o daughter stays next to us in 50. She has virgin ears, and I prefer to keep it that way as long as I can :) :)

I was up north today looking at some property and decided to stop in and check spots. They are filling up fast, so better call ahead. Jeff is a really nice guy.

Joe

1875XA

Reaction score
Thanks OzAK, should have my plans firmed up next week and will let you know!

OzAK

Reaction score
Firewood

Firewood

Hey Y'all, some info from those familiar with the area to tie into this thought-firewood. Being the thrifty (read that as tightwad) guy that I am, am I off base here to suggest we all bring a bundle or will there be a supply for sale etc. You get my drift. I can forsee at least one group bonfire type gathering either at the campground or perhaps even better at a large driftwood pile on the Su. Thoughts, comments, a plan, always welcome. Hey, if you don't mind breakin' ice to launch the Chena through downtown Fairbanks is open and runable for a ways in various spots-for the true hardcore.

Oz

chriso

Reaction score
Dog I won't be able to make this trip but I did just pick up a sweet new boat the other day. You are more than welcome to drag the old gal up to the Su landing if you need a boat for the weekend. It's not a big boat and the cargo capacity is kinda limited. Still it will get the job done. Just let me know.

Here is a pic
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k200/Water_Gremlin/5f9de7c0.jpg

You better get an AK number on that one if you plan to bring her out in the open!!!!!

LuJon

Reaction score
Hey Y'all, some info from those familiar with the area to tie into this thought-firewood. Being the thrifty (read that as tightwad) guy that I am, am I off base here to suggest we all bring a bundle or will there be a supply for sale etc. You get my drift. I can forsee at least one group bonfire type gathering either at the campground or perhaps even better at a large driftwood pile on the Su. Thoughts, comments, a plan, always welcome. Hey, if you don't mind breakin' ice to launch the Chena through downtown Fairbanks is open and runable for a ways in various spots-for the true hardcore.

Oz
Mental note: Bring chainsaw! I plan on picking up my own spot if there are any available when I get home (May 14th) but if they are out does anyone have a double camp spot big enough for my horde to share? It will be me, wife, and 3 hoodlums (ages 4,7,9) so another family with similar aged kids would be ideal. Will split fees of course!

tjm

Reaction score
am I off base here to suggest we all bring a bundle or will there be a supply for sale etc. You get my drift. I can forsee at least one group bonfire type gathering either at the campground or perhaps even better at a large driftwood pile on the Su. Thoughts, comments, a plan, always welcome.
Oz

Good idea...I'll throw some logs in the boat for the camp fire...I'm pretty sure we'll have no issue finding some drift wood if needed though...:)...

on a separate note, The BBQ situation has been handled...JonsBoat has volunteered to bring up the grills and charcoal for the cooking...I'll toss in a gasser grill just in case someone doesn't prefer charcoal....THANKS JonsBoat !!

LuJon...if the place is booked up you guys are more than welcome to squeeze in anywhere there's room around us...I'm sure you won't have an issue finding a place to set up....my hoodlums are 4 & 6... :)

Chriso....is your schedule still looking open?....the gathering could use a resident jet boating expert...oh yeah, the 'cool' factor you'll have in tow would be a highlight to the show as well...:D

halibutcollier

Reaction score
Just a reminder while I am thinking about it, to the people who just want to test boats out/ go for a ride bring a PFD that fits and you will wear. It is the law and with all the kids coming, it is just a good idea to set a safety culture early on.

c-bolt

Reaction score
Kind of on those lines...I remember some discussion on this before.

How many of you guys are going to have some liability release waiver or something like that. Its not something I normally think about with my friends and family, but something could always happen. All it takes is one jerk who cant accept personal responsibility and then we all pay.

1875XA

Reaction score
OzAK- made my plans so I will Be there to share the camping spot....just to let all of you know I just bought this Jetcraft 1875 extreme shallow and this weekend will be the first time I have ran it. I have thousands of hours running a boat but very limited time in a jet running rivers....so stay off the sidewalk I mean sandbar...I'm just saying....actually I will welcome any and all tips!

jkb

Reaction score
Anyone that wants to stop in Big Lake on your way up for some free camp wood let me know. I'll have a bit blocked up you'll have to carry it 50--75 ft to the road.

jkb

Reaction score
It's preburnt big lake fire spruce poles they burn great makes a great camp fire.

OzAK

Reaction score
OzAK- made my plans so I will Be there to share the camping spot....just to let all of you know I just bought this Jetcraft 1875 extreme shallow and this weekend will be the first time I have ran it. I have thousands of hours running a boat but very limited time in a jet running rivers....so stay off the sidewalk I mean sandbar...I'm just saying....actually I will welcome any and all tips!

OK, c'mon in, spot 40 if you get there before us. Not sure how the day will happen yet as to when we get out of Fbks. so that will put us at the landing ?? You can count on plenty of comments and "advise" from the assorted peanut gallery crowd whether you want it or not. :nyanya: Just remember, the pointy end goes first and the wet end with the water coming out follows. :topjob: It would seem there's a smartarse somewhere around here but I don't know him. :proud:

skybust

Reaction score
OK, c'mon in, spot 40 if you get there before us. Not sure how the day will happen yet as to when we get out of Fbks. so that will put us at the landing ?? You can count on plenty of comments and "advise" from the assorted peanut gallery crowd whether you want it or not. :nyanya: Just remember, the pointy end goes first and the wet end with the water coming out follows. :topjob: It would seem there's a smartarse somewhere around here but I don't know him. :proud:

LOL that made my morning cant wait counting the days should be alot of fun

1875XA

Reaction score
Look for where the water is spurting out and then keep the other end forward...

RadFisher

Reaction score
Are only of you guys that are planning to come to this event that own a Wooldridge Alaskan XL or similar type of boat, have there boat powered by an outboard motor. If so I would like to meet with you to discuss things about your boat and possibly take a ride. From what I've gathered reading all of the other posts it seems that most if not all of the boats that are going to be there are powered by inboards, but I could be wrong.
Thanks

Latest posts