Spirit lake/elephant lake access

catchfish

Reaction score
I have spoken to Fish and Game and have heard that the Salamantof native association has decided to close access to the lake to the public. Fish and game is no longer going to stock the lake, but it was nice of them to let the state residents pay for a stocking program for the last 27 years. I have tried by email to contact the association and I’m waiting on a response. I’m very disappointed I would take the family there weekly during the summer to get away from the crowds.

SmokeRoss

Reaction score
The gate has been locked pretty much all winter. They are blaming vandals as the reason to keep the public out.

catchfish

Reaction score
I was under the impression it was locked due to the road being icy and they didn’t want vehicles getting stuck and being left out there because those always get trashed.

sayak

Reaction score
The Spirit Camp was vandalized by idiots. Since it is Native land around the lake, and access was permitted by the Native Corp., access has been pulled back to protect their interests.
Idiots always ruin things for everyone else. Nice while it lasted though.

4merguide

Reaction score
I have spoken to Fish and Game and have heard that the Salamantof native association has decided to close access to the lake to the public. Fish and game is no longer going to stock the lake, but it was nice of them to let the state residents pay for a stocking program for the last 27 years. I have tried by email to contact the association and I’m waiting on a response. I’m very disappointed I would take the family there weekly during the summer to get away from the crowds.

I guess it's time to sing my little song again..."This land is (NOT) your land, this land is (NOT) my land, from California to....."