Snowblower on ATV / UTV?

stillapa12drvr

Reaction score
Has anyone ever put a snowblower on their ATV or SxS? My snow removal equipment is slowly dying and, since I have to replace the plow blade that I use on my Polaris Sportsman and the walkbehind snowblower is on it's last legs, I was thinking of putting a blower on my Sportsman or possibly on the Ranger that tends to hibernate most of the winter. Any insights or suggestions would be most appreciated.

Hkrjohn

Reaction score
This is my first winter using a Bercomac snowblower on my side by side, Team CC is the Alaska dealer. I have a half mile long rocky, very steep and winding private driveway and the Bercomac has been a real time saver particularly with the deep snows we’ve had this year, This is the first winter I haven’t needed to use a D4 dozier to push my berms now that I am throwing snow 100 feet away, Talk to Stan Hooley and team CC in Eagle River about the Bercomac. The Bercomac is very well built in Canada and not one of those low quality ones from China,

Daveinthebush

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I looked up the price of those Bercomac. I think you could buy a 30" Honda, elec. start with tracks for way less than that. I used a 28' Honda on my 100 yard driveway for years. I finally bought a tractor with a plow. Haven't used the Honda once this year. i think much of the ideal machine depends on the driveway..

Even though the tractor as about 22K, the use I get out of it lifting batteries, firewood, snow plowing... Is worth the money invested.

Hkrjohn

Reaction score
I looked up the price of those Bercomac. I think you could buy a 30" Honda, elec. start with tracks for way less than that. I used a 28' Honda on my 100 yard driveway for years. I finally bought a tractor with a plow. Haven't used the Honda once this year. i think much of the ideal machine depends on the driveway..

Even though the tractor as about 22K, the use I get out of it lifting batteries, firewood, snow plowing... Is worth the money invested.

It depends on the driveway that you have to plow. The walk behind would mean a 8 mile walk for me each time it snows. The OP wants a UTV mounted snowblower, not a walk behind.

stillapa12drvr

Reaction score
Appreciate the info, gents. My situation is such that I have about (guesstimate) 1/2 - 2/3 of an acre of drive and lot to deal with at my main house and about a 200' driveway at the wife's favorite Big Lake retreat place. I've got a F550 plow truck that can move a ton of snow, as well as a Honda walkbehind. The Honda has been exceptionally dependable for many years and also moves a bunch of snow....I just need something to blow a fair amount of snow since on a heavy snow year (like this one in Los Anchorage), I simply run out of room to push it and I don't want to use the walkbehind: it's about 4-5 hours on the Big Lake Place and about 8 - 10 hours in Los Anchorage to clear even a nominal snowfall with the Honda.

I've been looking at the Bercomac as well as getting a compact tractor with a blower. If I needed the tractor for anything other than blowing, it would be a done decision...but I really don't need the other features. How small of a tractor is realistic for snow work? 24 hp?

The Bercomac does OK on gravel????....presumably once there's a compacted base?

Daveinthebush

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like a lot to move with anything. Everything I do is gravel. First snowfall I just back-blade it to pack it down and wait for it to turn to ice. Once I get a base, I can plow or blow. First snow fall of the year is always a PIA to clear and get a good base on .

Hkrjohn

Reaction score
Appreciate the info, gents. My situation is such that I have about (guesstimate) 1/2 - 2/3 of an acre of drive and lot to deal with at my main house and about a 200' driveway at the wife's favorite Big Lake retreat place. I've got a F550 plow truck that can move a ton of snow, as well as a Honda walkbehind. The Honda has been exceptionally dependable for many years and also moves a bunch of snow....I just need something to blow a fair amount of snow since on a heavy snow year (like this one in Los Anchorage), I simply run out of room to push it and I don't want to use the walkbehind: it's about 4-5 hours on the Big Lake Place and about 8 - 10 hours in Los Anchorage to clear even a nominal snowfall with the Honda.

I've been looking at the Bercomac as well as getting a compact tractor with a blower. If I needed the tractor for anything other than blowing, it would be a done decision...but I really don't need the other features. How small of a tractor is realistic for snow work? 24 hp?

The Bercomac does OK on gravel????....presumably once there's a compacted base?

You will want a good base for the gravel, like I want for my rocky long driveway. I use the winch and keep it several inches higher than the driveway the first few snows until you get a good base. The snowblower will blow the snow a great distance, and it will throw the gravel too.

Latest posts