Single SxS or Two ATVs

AK Bearcat

Reaction score
No matter what machine comb one ends up with, it only makes sense to always go with two machines. We have two ATV's and a SxS, which for us is the best of both worlds. If the weather is nice we take the two ATV's. If the weather is not going to be nice then it is the SxS as long as someone else is going. If it is just us then it will be a SxS and an ATV. The other issue is having enough trailer to carry what ever one ends up with.
This is the first year that we have used our Arctic Prowler for hunting and are really glad to have had it. When it was snowing on the Denali highway we were able to stay a lot dryer and a little warmer. Also when bring out game, the SxS sure made it a lot easier. We have and could have with the ATV's but, not as easy.
We all have different requirements and that is one of the reason there are so many different machines! The hard part is picking which ones, one wants.

AKBEE

Reaction score
Laker- that is one heck of a load! German- that is quite a set up you have!
If we all thought the same it would be boring...my next atv will be a backhoe/loader tractor and then I hope to get a side by side to help with chores that I would need to tow a trailer behind one of my wheelers to do.

ak_cowboy

Reaction score
I'm thinking the 6x6 UTV and a quad are the way to go right now. Just have to figure out which one the wife drives.

ak_cowboy

Reaction score
Did some more research. For the same money as a ranger or commander I can get Bombardier tracked rig. That and another fourtrax should cover all hunting needs.

theultrarider

Reaction score
20140817_120842.jpg

20140905_162527.jpg
ove my Ranger 6x6. The cab and heat sure are nice when it gets chilly out hunting. Dont even begin to compare the 6x6 to a 4x4 sxs. Two different animals.

1S1K

Reaction score
I am going through the same here. I have found the S x S that I want is about $22,000 and the wheelers are a bit more that that together.

I figure two wheelers are safer than one S x S because if something breaks you can still get back to camp or the truck, in my experience wheelers will go way more places that a S x S too. And the 6X6 is just lame... I still don't know why people have those, maybe for people who take everything in their home camping or hunting with them?

I'll take the bait - Kevin you're absolutely correct. Nothing to see here. 6X6's are junk, heavy, take 2 acres to turn, can't fit on narrow trails, slow, etc. Yep, they suck.

MORSNO

Reaction score
ove my Ranger 6x6. The cab and heat sure are nice when it gets chilly out hunting. Dont even begin to compare the 6x6 to a 4x4 sxs. Two different animals.

Excellent point and post! Brand loyalty is always fun ribbing among friends, but these machines are all built differently for different purposes.

Latest posts