Silvers out of Talkeetna

Steve Springer

Reaction score
How's the run shaping up, my dad is here visiting and was thinking of hiring a charter to take us to Clear creek. Any recommendations on who to book with. Any other options/ideas. Valdez is too far a rum from Fairbanks. Thanks in advance.

DannerAK

Reaction score
Ah good call, I wasn't sure. If you have all your own fishing gear I think Mahays' does drops offs.

Mahays is out of that business as far as I know. Seems all they do now are sight seeing tours. Give phantom a call.

talkeetnakid

Reaction score
Mahay's will do drop offs. I think Phantom charges 65 bucks a person for a drop off at Clear creek. Not sure what Mahay's charges.

trailblazersteve

Reaction score
The run of silvers are about done. We were slaying them just down river from Clear Creek 2 weeks ago. Went up last weekend and there were almost none except some spawners along with some nasty pinks & chums. River is dropping fast also.

fearnot

Reaction score
I phoned Mahays late August they said they don't do clear creek anymore .
Looks like phantom have the monopoly on that one now .
For me it's still worth the bucks .
The service was great and the skipper was very nice and informative .

Never ignore the nearer water .

TradBow

Reaction score
Crap Steve, I didn't see this. If you're around email me I can put you on fish. I was down a few days ago and got on them. I'm headed out so holler quick.

fearnot has mahays canceled clear creek year round?

fearnot

Reaction score
TradBow .The lady on the phone just said they don't that any more so I asked about Tri rivers she said they were bought out by phantom and she gave me the number.

Never ignore the nearer water .

TradBow

Reaction score
That sucks Dennis! I remember Isreal (sp) before he was big enough to run and he was running back than as well lol. Crap its hard to believe it's been that long! Steve's one bad dude behind the boat! Have listened to plenty of stories of the famed run.