Signing in

Bill S.

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 25, 2006
Messages
2,859
Reaction score
100
Location
Anchorage
After signing into the forum, I take a look at the posts and sometimes post replies. At least once a day I type in the reply and when I try to post it, the forum comes back and says I'm not signed in and have to do so again. When I try, I get a message back about an invalid thread. When Ii finally get back to the thread I've tried to reply to, about 75% on the time everything I tried to post has disappeared and the other 25% its posted. Can't seem to figure a ryme or reason to it.
 
W

Webmaster

Guest
Try this...

Try this...

Bill S. said:
After signing into the forum, I take a look at the posts and sometimes post replies. At least once a day I type in the reply and when I try to post it, the forum comes back and says I'm not signed in and have to do so again. When I try, I get a message back about an invalid thread. When Ii finally get back to the thread I've tried to reply to, about 75% on the time everything I tried to post has disappeared and the other 25% its posted. Can't seem to figure a ryme or reason to it.

The same has happened to me, Bill. I think the fix may be to click the "remember me" box in the login. My understanding is the system then sets a persistent cookie until I physically log out. This way, even if I turn off the browser, it still knows who I am when I turn on the forums....and I don't get the annoyance you mentioned.

David
 

Top