Shrimp Gear Found

Big Bend

Reaction score
There is a ad in Craigslist under the lost & found section about gear that was recovered (reference Pigot).

Rob B

Reaction score
Yep. We drug the bottom for a few hours where I last saw my pots. I used the drag as I built it with the chain tied to the front and 1200' of lead line. It drug across the bottom just fine. We pulled it around a few miles at about 3 MPH and it felt like it did just fine. Pulled it up a few times and it was nice and shiny with some mud stuck in the cracks here and there. Didn't find any pots, but I'll give it one more try before the end of season. Don't wanna try after it closes and pick up a ridiculous fine by AWT for shrimping out of season.

Rob B

Reaction score
Yep. That's the plan for the next trip. It was just like fishing out there. Ya never know what you are going to bring up.

stid2677

Reaction score
Friendly reminder to send in your permits when the season closes and report any lost gear so that you don't get a ticket for fishing out of season if the troopers find it after the season closes.

Steve

Rob B

Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder. And I already reported mine missing, but I'll be sure to add that to my permit as well.

Gary W

Reaction score
I lost 2 pots on one line in south Nellie Juan last May. Got home , called fish and game and they said I did not need to call them. Just log it on my permit.