Sheep Hunting Thoughts 26A, 26B, 26C Resident Initiative

JuliW

Reaction score
Exactly right. Although there are fewer legal rams to go around because there are more people after them, so it seems anyway. From what we saw in the field, we witnessed low numbers of ewes and I could count the number of lambs on one hand. Hunters don't affect those numbers. Without ewes and lambs you don't get more rams.

I am fairly certain subsistence hunters can take 3 ewes if they so choose. it would be nice to know that information is incorrect, if anyone has better info than I do. :)

winibezold

Reaction score
i agree with several of the others. alaska is the first place i've lived and hunted where any tags were free much less all of them. don't get me wrong, I go to the field with every avail registration permit for the area I'm hunting just in case. Think, for $50 a tag for the sheep, just the resident hunters alone could easily finance a decent number of survey flights. then as others stated, charge nonres a fair amount for a true world class trophy. I'm from Missouri and it almost costs more to buy an any deer permit there than a Dall sheep tag here. thats ridiculous. I wouldn't have a problem in the world paying up to $50 a tag for the moose/sheep/goat/gbear tags, and wouldn't be too upset if the tag went unfilled at that price. i'll vote for at least $1000 nonres tag and 1-4 nonres, 1-1 res limit

Latest posts