Seward Silvers

cmo1977

Reaction score
Was wondering how everyone has been doing for silvers out of Seward. I have a half day charter booked for monday and just trying to see what to expect.

Thanks

sgtpunisher

Reaction score
on aug 6th, i went out about two miles south of caines head and did real well with a #5 vibrex. i put it on a down rigger and put it about 40 feet trolling the shore line about 100 to 150 meters out. i caught six altogether but kept two that were in the 20 pound range.

Ripper

Reaction score
Can a person fish silvers from the bank/shore in Seward? Was thinking of going down there this weekend. Thanks.

-JR

jmg

Reaction score
Ripper said:
Can a person fish silvers from the bank/shore in Seward? Was thinking of going down there this weekend. Thanks.

-JR

Yes ripper, they can. I think it won't pick up there for a couple more weeks at the banks, but they definitely come in. I really like fishing that area when they are in. Have always had good luck. Try calling down to the fish house there and see if things are going yet. I called about a week and a half ago and they said only pinks and chums were being caught close in so far.

Latest posts