Searching for specific posts?

dvarmit

Reaction score
I like to find posts related to specific calibers when in the handloading forums. The problem is I everytime I search for say "375 H&H" I get the old, I'm sorry your search is to short or returns to many results. I seriously doubt that there are that many results for 375 H&H so it's the length of the search. So, at this point I am regulated to clicking page by page to find what I need. Worse, sometimes there is good information in the topic that is not in the title so I miss it altogether if I don't read the entire post which isn't happening for that many posts.

Does anyone have any success or tricks to finding posts based on caliber or any other subject with a short search criteria? If so, can you share them?

spoiled one

Reaction score
The search function is frustrating to me as well. I have better luck just typing my search criteria into the google search engine. Try "375 H&H alaska outdoor forum" and it should bring up several threads.

dvarmit

Reaction score
The search function is frustrating to me as well. I have better luck just typing my search criteria into the google search engine. Try "375 H&H alaska outdoor forum" and it should bring up several threads.

Never thought of that! Thanks

FamilyMan

Reaction score
restrict google to only this site for better results

restrict google to only this site for better results

In the past, site management has agreed that this site's built in search is not so great. Yes google is good but does better with judicious use of quotes, plus using the site directive to restrict your results to just this one web site.

Try putting this into google:
"375 H&H" site:eek:utdoorsdirectory.com
or
375 H&H site:eek:utdoorsdirectory.com

dvarmit

Reaction score
Thanks again guys.. I used your suggestions and the 5th one that came up was what I was looking for! Much appreciated

COtoAK

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that the search capability specifically for General Discussion was disabled about 3 years ago-ish.
Now... you are able to search any subforum on the upper right side where it says 'Search Forum'.
It will give you the option of 'show threads' 'show posts' or 'advanced search'.
I mostly use 'show threads' and it usually pulls up what I am looking for.
Need screenshots?

Latest posts