Seafoam?

Daveinthebush

Administrator
Reaction score
I put a can in the boat tanks every fill up. Truck once in a while. Any engine (chainsaw, atv...) that doesn't want to run. Boat diesel heater too. Love the stuff.

gbflyer

Reaction score
Seafoam is good stuff. Also run my share of Marvel Mystery which apparently is solvent and spearmint oil.

Daveinthebush

Administrator
Reaction score
The gentleman that owned my boat before me used Lucas Engine treatment. I tried it too and noticed that if I got fuel out of the overflow, it was green. I had to take the boat to a mechanic in Anch. and as he went through the check list, he felt he should call me. He asked: "Why is your fuel green?" I told him about the Lucas. I could envision him shaking his head even over the phone. I switched to Sea Foam. It took two years for the green to disappear. Best thing I ever did for the engine.

Chez

Reaction score
Another seafoam lover here too.

Read the can or go to their website and learn about its other uses

dahlenburg

Reaction score
I'm a believer and use in everything from lawn mower, atv, boat, car or anything with a motor. Really helped smooth out the ATV.

I have been making my own for the past 2 years using diesel, naptha and iso-heet in a 4:2:1 ratio by volume. Cant tell the difference from the original.

Will try and post a link to a guy who tested different combinations of making seafoam and his results.
https://hildstrom.com/projects/2010/01/seafoam/index.html