Seaark question

TheGuy56

Reaction score
I am looking in to buying a seaark 18-60 cc with a tunnel and was wondering how they handle compared to a true flat bottom. Do they slide less or more? Are they jumpy in the corners? Any input would be much appreciated, I am also looking in to the quick turn steering.

Sobie2

Reaction score
I have one, not a CC, but an open tiller model. They don't really slide, and they are not jumpy in corners. I would consider ordering an open skiff, and having Dewey's or Silver Streak to put in a custom console all the way forward.

Sobie2

TheGuy56

Reaction score
I was considering the forward windshield and flotation pods, why would you go withe the forward wind shield, weight distribution?

Sobie2

Reaction score
Yes weight distribution to reduce the bow rise. I think the forward windshield version is a great boat. You should be happy. Get at least a 90/65hp.

Sobie2

tzieli22

Reaction score
I've wanted my 24' for years... Like 20. Best money I've spent on a river boat IMO. Would love an inboard and will add one at some point. But my 24' forward windshield w/bow tank just flat out kicks butt. Hauled 4 guys with Gear to the Koyukuk this past fall and returned with 4 moose. It has a 150hp jet and prop. Obviously I hauled the 4 moose with a prop, but also did the trip with 3 guys, one moose and gear in a jet.

Mine does slide given a 72" bottom, much more than others I think. But it hauls a load.

Northof62

Reaction score
I love my 24' too. It will haul huge loads and still go pretty much everywhere I want. It slides a little bit but it's perfectly manageable.

Old John

Reaction score
I was considering the forward windshield and flotation pods, why would you go withe the forward wind shield, weight distribution?

I have a SeaArk 1872 with the forward windshield welded on. We have a 115/80 HP Yamaha jet. I like the way it handles and performs. It has easily hauled my Son, Grandson, I and all our gear/gas and a nice moose. However, shortly after I bought this boat and was so proud of the forward windshield and seats, A friend bought the same boat and had his windshield put on the rear, so he could use the bow section to transport his 4 wheeler to moose camp. Although I can get a 4 wheeler in my boat, I have to take off the canvas top and re-arrange a few things for it to fit, and I have to load from the side, where as the friend can simply drive his 4 wheeler on and off the bow.. (just saying)

trapperbob

Reaction score
Rear windsheild 20'

Rear windsheild 20'

Here is my buddy's 20' in action last fall.
DSCF0609a.jpg