SE Blacktails 2013

muskeg

Reaction score
P8190054.jpg

Zack took this buck on top ....

Catch It

Reaction score
Um, wow. NIce work all, I'll be chasin moose for a few weeks but will be in the woods early Oct. to take the gun for a nice vertical walk.

L. G.

Reaction score
Well, got skunked on opening weekend in August. Finally made it down to our mountain for redemption. Absolutely gorgeous weekend and awesome marine conditions for boating. Not the biggest horns, but made for a heavy enuff 2,000 vertical pack out. My first attempt at a self-portrait. Brought a small tripod and took a few pics with this one being the best. Got to use my new s/s M70 .30-06 loaded with 200 gr partitions. It was a million dollar sunrise on Sunday, but my point-n-shoot camera does not take good low light photos. Probably won't go again until the rut.

Lars-Deer-1.jpg

Dr.No

Reaction score
Took advantage of the weather and was able to luck into this guy....here's the brief story:

My friend saw a flash of deer and said it was my turn (he had shot a fawn I called in earlier, whoops), so I started walking after it. Walked about 20 yards and saw the rack on it as it started trotting away through the brush at 40 yards…[email protected] 60 yards he stopped and looked back. All I could see was antlers over the very top of blueberry bushes so I raised up and squeezed one off freehand. Figured it would either be a total miss or he would go down in a heap…You can see the entry wound in the pic, the other side of his face was an absolute mess…

995518_10151919102349308_282489006_n.jpg

Dr.No

Reaction score
This thread went a bit quiet...so here's one I got a few weeks ago

Attachments

• profile.jpg
    profile.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 0
  • portrait.jpg
    portrait.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 0

twodux

Reaction score
Sweet! No better hunting than Sitka Blacktail hunting in my mind.

Wyo2AK

Reaction score
Nice deer everyone!

Nice deer everyone!

I've really enjoyed this thread. Congrats to everyone on some great bucks - keep the photos coming!

I was able to squeeze in a quick trip a couple weeks ago and took my first buck on Admiralty.
attachment.php

He had some pretty rotten hooves. Is that sort of thing normal for SE blacktails?
attachment.php

Cheers,
Rich

L. G.

Reaction score
Nice work Beau. :topjob: One of those racks looks out of place though . . . :p

Going 4 for 4 on 4x4's would rock. I'm still trying for my first one. They are pretty rare up north here. I need to get down on the rock one of these days.

Latest posts