Scope Advice

CZ_IN_AK

Reaction score
Leupy...

Leupy...

The 1.75x6 VXIII was designed with a longer scope tube so it could fit on the long actions of the bigger magnums! So I'd say you'd proll'y be safe with it.

Jake

ak hunter

Reaction score
Well, I cancelled the Cabelas AK Guide Premium scope that was on back order, and have a Burris Fullfield II 3-9X40 on the way. It will hopefully prove to be a durable scope and hold a zero well. It looks well made with nice features, especially for the price.
Now I just need to decide if I'm going to try and use rubber cement in the rings or shallac or rosin, and whether I should use Locktite on the screws or not.

Vek

Reaction score
Don't know what my problem is, my choice of scopes keeps getting smaller and smaller. I just sold off my VX3 2.5x8, and now my most powerful scope is a leupold VX2 2x7. I'm getting to the point that the 36mm objective on my fixed 6x leupold looks too doggone big hanging out there in the breeze. I'll grudgingly use it for sheep next year, but might swap it out for a straight tube 1.5x5 by that time. In my mind, smaller is lighter, and smaller is tougher. 4x (or less) will allow shooting out to most anyone's maximum responsible range.

asrjb25

Reaction score
You already put your order in, but I would like to say, you made a fine choice. I bought a Fullfield II for my Howa .338 which is my first rifle. I spent hours and hours reading reviews and opinions and decided on the Fullfield II and have been very pleased. Mounted it myself, zeroed it, and took my first moose with it, and can't think of anything bad to say about it.