Redhawk Front site

1buba

Reaction score
I have the stainless 4" Redhawk in .45 Colt. Love the gun and enjoy tinkering with it. Been doing a lot of dry firing since i put new grips on it and noticed - i have a HARD time seeing that red insert in the front site. Anyone else struggle with this? I thought it was just like my .41 Blackhawk, but when i looked, i realized the my blackhawk is different... first, it is orange, much brighter. Second, it is cut in just a little from the top of the sight so that there is a slight black line on the top of the color, the the color, then the black again going down to the barrel. Seem to make it stand out more... I really like the white outlined back notch on the Redhawk, but would like to do something to increase the visibility of the front. Orange or even yellow would seem like a better color, but i haven't found anything like that online. Ideas? I'd really like to stay with the same basic design, just want to see it!

ADfields

Reaction score
Finger nail polish and white-out are the common fixes. Nail polish gives color options and white-out is fast on and off when you want to go back and forth with the red dot.

4merguide

Reaction score
Finger nail polish and white-out are the common fixes. Nail polish gives color options and white-out is fast on and off when you want to go back and forth with the red dot.

I was gonna say the same thing but you beat me to it.....lol.

Try a little dab of white out and see how you like it...

Amigo Will

Reaction score
I have knocked out the red then cut a peace of brass and peened it in. Also done it with white plastic,made it tight and super glued never lost it.