Recommend an affordable 30-06

tailwind

Reaction score
I have been looking around for a good used 30-06 for a hunt this spring, haven't been able to find anything that's gonna work. I may have to buy new.
Any suggestions on a good, solid, affordable 30-06. This will be a shooter, so nothing pretty. Thanks in advance.
:confused:

Bsj425

Reaction score
Depends on what you consider affordable. That can be 200 dollars or 2000 dollars depends on your budget. But you can't go wrong with a tikka t3 or stevens by savage both "affordable" for the average person and both are shooters especially for the price. I would opt for the tikka over the stevens because you can get the tikka in stainless and I just like the
Over all feel. I have owned both and both were
Good for the money but prefer the tikka over the stevens

tvfinak

Reaction score
You can pick up some nice converted military surplus rifles at the gun shows for $200 - $250 or so. All milled steel and no plastic or pot metal parts.

I have been looking around for a good used 30-06 for a hunt this spring, haven't been able to find anything that's gonna work. I may have to buy new.
Any suggestions on a good, solid, affordable 30-06. This will be a shooter, so nothing pretty. Thanks in advance.
:confused:

brav01

Reaction score
The Savage 110E is an accurate and inexpensive compared to many other brands. It can also be had in stainless and synthetic if desired. While not normally as accurate, Rugers are a good buy and available in blue and stainless. I own both neither are in 30-06 caliber though; My 30-06 is a T3 in stainless and synthetic.

Hunt&FishAK

Reaction score
my 30-06 is a custom built 98 mauser....go to a gun store, say...great northern guns and look around...I see alot of good deals there, and keep your eye on alaskaslist.com as i see alot of good deals there too.....

tailwind

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses.
I love ak'slist and GNG, so thanks for throwin' that out hunt&fish. Always a good idea.
I really like the Savage offering's, if I went that route I think I would go for the Stevens model 200 or the 110 if it has an accutrigger(I'm not sure?)
I love Ruger pistols, but I'm gonna steer clear of the rifles for now, and I want to stay away from mil surp, too.

I think it's down to a T3, Pro Hunter, or a Vanguard; in that order.
Thank's again for all the ideas.
So much to think about...;)

tzieli22

Reaction score
My first rifle and still my most accurate and fun to shoot gun is a Remington model 700 ADL, basic but has always been dead on. Used, I bet you can get a good deal on one.

FurFishGame

Reaction score
And it was only 350 with a scope.

One thing I have noticed with the factory scopes is, they don't come bolted down to good, my brothers was really loose, and it was shooting 15 inch groups at 100 yarrds, and then he fianlly pinned down that it was the scope screws, and it fixed it.

tailwind

Reaction score

Wildalaska

Reaction score
My experience as well, but switch up to a Re... ahemmmm, a Red...., ahemmm a Redfield. There I said it. My bargain basement setup.

I got the story on Redfields...they may be priced bargain basement, but they are Leupold quality far beyond their price range. We even stock them they are so good. I cant post why they are so inexpensive, but Im always here to ask :)

Latest posts