PWS yesterday

AKmud

Reaction score
Went out of Whittier yesterday. Weather was GREAT, flat water, a little cloudy in the morning but it burned off to beautiful sunshine. Only managed to land a few rockfish around Esther Bay hatchery. Threw two shrimp pots out by the rocks near Esther island....nothing. Talked to a couple on the dock back at Whittier, they got a 212# halibut but were in 700' of water. Heard of another guy said he had been getting a few 'buts in around 1000'! Too deep for me! Anyway, fishing should pick up quickly. Going out for hooligan tomorrow afternoon.

4whlr

Reaction score
Pws

Pws

Went out all weekend. Got some shrimp and a black bear. Great weather and flat seas. Lots of wildlife to boot.

Alaska Gray

Reaction score
I was out this past Thur-sat. Did great on shrimp, though I did loose one pot. We did see one Black bear and my partner missed the shot. Fishing was a differnt story. Only caught one rockfish. Still learning on where to go.

AKmud

Reaction score
some pics

some pics

Hey Gray,

I'll give you a spot for rocks if you will teach me how to get shrimp! :eek:)

DSCF0215.jpg

DSCF0219.jpg

DSCF0223.jpg

seagirl

Reaction score
hooligan as bait

hooligan as bait

has anyone had success using hooligan as halibut or rockfish bait.

Brian M

***** Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Seagirl - Look at the thread about hooligan under the dipnet forum. This was addressed over the last week.

-Brian

PastorBob

Reaction score
Halibut bait

Halibut bait

Seagirl, I was fishing out of Homer one time and the halibut were hitting pretty good when I ran out of herring, I put on some hooligan and the bite was off - not so much as a nibble.

Latest posts