PWS Bear Report?

Adam

Reaction score
As of yesterday i heard that snow was still on the ground by water in PWS. Simply looking for confirmation of this information. We were planning on leaving this week but are thinking of waiting till mid June. Thoughts?

Muskie

Reaction score
Go and if you don't see any go again. No really, I'm going down Thursday and I would bet good money we will have a few chances to shoot some bears. Hunt the south facing slopes and you'll see bears. Good luck

JAKEAK49

Reaction score
We shot two bears in the sound already this year one on the 6th and one on the 8th and also saw three others. So go get em!

Fishhunter

Reaction score
I agree go get em

I agree go get em

I shot one on the third. We were on a short 2 day weekend hunt. Didn't see a lot of them and the one I did shoot was 3/4 up the mountain next to his den. But that was over two weeks ago. I bet you can find some lower cruising the beaches by now. Good Luck

dvarmit

Reaction score
That's good news.. We are heading down early Wednesday morning and staying until Saturday.

Brant Arnold

Reaction score
Been down each of the last 2 weekends. This past weekend was terrible...awful weather and no bears out and moving. We ran into several people who said the same thing, not even a sighting. The weekend before was sunny and gorgeous. Saw 2 bears, but didn't take either. Met a few other hunters who didn't see any. From what I hear, it should start improving, but yes, there's still 10 feet of snow on the mountainsides. Beaches are clear for the most part. If the weather is good, get down there next weekend is what I'd recommend.

goosepilot

Reaction score
We shot three on Saturday and had a fourth at 40 yards, but bad angle for an arrow, so no shot.

Bullelkklr

Reaction score
Going to find out

Going to find out

on friday afternoon. Almost june and this will be our first camping trip of the year.....late start for me and maybe the bears too.

Even if we don't see any bears it will be a great weekend of camping and shrimping and sight seeing.