Private messages

forrest.billy

Reaction score
What does a guy have to do to be able to send private messages?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks ahead of time!!!

Brian M

***** Admin
Reaction score
You should be good to go now. You were registered under our old system, and that was set up slightly different than what we now have. The short version is that you should be able to use the PM system now.

erik907

Reaction score
I think i have the same issue. I don't seem to be able to send PMs. All i see are the options to email someone or post a visitor message, but no options to private message someone. Or am i missing something?

tchoutacabouffa

Reaction score
is there any way i can private message? it currently will not allow me to private message. thanks!

Brian M

***** Admin
Reaction score
is there any way i can private message? it currently will not allow me to private message. thanks!

You now have enough posts to send PMs. We have a graduated system both to prevent spam (which used to be a serious problem in our PM system), to encourage members to engage in dialogue in our forums, and to provide incentives to join our supporting membership program which in part allows for the survival of this site. Anyhow, you're good to go.

Aksledr

Reaction score
How many posts do I need to be able to private message someone?

scienz

Reaction score
I have PM'd a couple of times and now realize why I didn't get a reply. Can anyone tell me how many posts I need? Also, am I missing messages when someone messages me?
Thanks
-Dan

Brian M

***** Admin
Reaction score
I have PM'd a couple of times and now realize why I didn't get a reply. Can anyone tell me how many posts I need? Also, am I missing messages when someone messages me?
Thanks
-Dan

The system is supposed to automatically upgrade you to full membership after 1 month and 15+ posts. It didn't seem to do so in this case, so I manually upgraded your account. You should be able to use the PM system now.

kmoore

Reaction score
What’s a fella gotta do to be able to private msg if you don’t have enough posts. Was trying to get some hunting info through pm from another memeber but don’t have enough posts. If I pay for the upgrade will I be able to pm?<br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian M

***** Admin
Reaction score
What’s a fella gotta do to be able to private msg if you don’t have enough posts. Was trying to get some hunting info through pm from another memeber but don’t have enough posts. If I pay for the upgrade will I be able to pm?<br/><br/><br/>Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, supporting members automatically have access to the private message system along with a handful of other perks.

mark knapp

Reaction score
Maybe that's why my private messages aren't working. I'm a supporting member but it still says "Member" on my signature. May the two are connected. Mike?

akcb77

Reaction score
The system is supposed to automatically upgrade you to full membership after 1 month and 15+ posts. It didn't seem to do so in this case, so I manually upgraded your account. You should be able to use the PM system now.

Do the same rules apply for viewing pictures on posts? I can't see anything I'm trying to look at on any of the posts I'm viewing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daveinthebush

Administrator
Reaction score
Do the same rules apply for viewing pictures on posts? I can't see anything I'm trying to look at on any of the posts I'm viewing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Images I hope are fixed now. There was a server upgrade, and we had a temporary issue that I hope is fixed now.