POSITIVE Handgun Review. PMR 30

SmokeRoss

Reaction score
Recently picked up a Kel Tec PMR 30 in .22 Magnum. I have owned a couple AMT Automag .22 Mag in the past and hated them. They functioned poorly. I also have a polymer Mountain Eagle in .22lr that I have enjoyed for 25-30 years. They hold 20 rounds of .22 long rifle and are extremely light and accurate. The PMR was next on my want list. Kel Tec got it right with PMR 30. Polymer frame, double stack mag (it comes with 2) Fiber optic sites with some extra inserts in the box. I loaded the mags up with some old ammo of various makes. It cycled every one of them right out of the box. No FT feed or FT fire. No ejection problems. No break in needed. I'm in love.

Reaction score
I agree, have been carrying one for a couple of years now, mostly in the winter. Rides nice with a belly band holster under my bib snow suit.
Seems to like the CCI / FMJ ammo the best. Put the Arma Laser red dot optic on it mounts cleanly and shoots well, but never have been a fan of laser sights. 30 rounds of 22 mag ammo is convenient to have on you.

SmokeRoss

Reaction score
I agree, have been carrying one for a couple of years now, mostly in the winter. Rides nice with a belly band holster under my bib snow suit.
Seems to like the CCI / FMJ ammo the best. Put the Arma Laser red dot optic on it mounts cleanly and shoots well, but never have been a fan of laser sights. 30 rounds of 22 mag ammo is convenient to have on you.
In the past I carried a Mountain Eagle in 22 LR when riding the snow machine. 20 rounds of 22 in a lightweight handgun. I'll keep it, but the PMR is going to be the one I carry now.

4merguide

Reaction score
Just thought I would let anyone interested know that Guns.com is having a black Friday sale on the PMR 30 @ $339.99 & free shipping.

4merguide

Reaction score
Doesn't look like Guns.Com will ship to Alaska, under their shipping restrictions.
Seriously? I've never bought anything from them so didn't know, but I am on their email list. I may have to tell them to take me off if they won't ship up here. How long will the lower 48 keep treating Alaksa like a third world country???!!! I guess it must be nice to afford to discriminate against certain states because they are not worth your time.

4merguide

Reaction score
Seriously? I've never bought anything from them so didn't know, but I am on their email list. I may have to tell them to take me off if they won't ship up here. How long will the lower 48 keep treating Alaksa like a third world country???!!! I guess it must be nice to afford to discriminate against certain states because they are not worth your time.
After I typed the above, I went to their sight and did in fact confirm that they do not ship to Alaska. So, I sent them a "nice" email pretty much saying what I did here and told them that I will be unsubscribing from their emails.

Reaction score
I Agree.
I don't need the emails if I can't use the service.
You would think that a business working out of Minnesota would have shipping to Alaska worked out.

4merguide

Reaction score
I Agree.
I don't need the emails if I can't use the service.
You would think that a business working out of Minnesota would have shipping to Alaska worked out.
I used to do a lot of buying and selling of HAM radio gear. What I was told is these businesses work out deals with shippers. They can get certain "good" overall rates if they don't send to us, HI, internationally, etc... So, of course it's not that they can't ship anywhere, but more of a choice to discriminate if it saves them a few bucks. I believe that they feel it's not worth their time. I haven't heard back from them, and I doubt I will, so I will be unsubscribing.

Sid

Reaction score
The cost of shipping is the killer for Alaska an cost of the FFL use I think

4merguide

Reaction score
The cost of shipping is the killer for Alaska an cost of the FFL use I think
The cost of shipping shouldn't be an issue if the buyer is paying for it. All they would have to say is free shipping doesn't apply to AK. (like a lot of businesses do.)

Steven_JR

Reaction score
Thanks for the review on the PMR 30. It's been one that has intrigued me over the years and I like to hear about real world impressions.

Has anyone handled/shot both the PMR 30 and P17 (the .22LR version)? I'm curious if the same impression of the PMR 30 holds true for the .22LR version.

Sid

Reaction score
The cost of shipping shouldn't be an issue if the buyer is paying for it. All they would have to say is free shipping doesn't apply to AK. (like a lot of businesses do.)
Never looked at it that way , have not got a gun that way , I go to the big box stores [ 3 ] in town or get used ones off the web after there ser. # is checked out on the stolen list at the police station , how I do it ,
[not often ] the police were very happy to help me ,