Online Interactive Marine Charts????

yukon

Reaction score
I used to have a site that I could view marine charts and hover the cursor over a spot and see the GPS numbers for the location. I have been searching all morning and can't find it. Does anyone know of a site where I can view the chart and get the GPS numbers?

Thanks!

bkmail

Reaction score
Sorry about that

Sorry about that

Yukon,
My apologies, Google gives you coordinates anywhere but not a marine chart overlay. I understand what you are trying to do and led you in the wrong direction.
BK

theultrarider

Reaction score
Got a smartphone? Navioncs app for $9.99 will show the same quality charts on your phone as what you see on a garmin gps. And will allow you to do what youre after. Will lay tracks and routes just like your garmin. For 10 bucks its cheap back up unit! And great to study should you be sitting around bored at work :)

Arcticwildman

Reaction score
Got a smartphone? Navioncs app for $9.99 will show the same quality charts on your phone as what you see on a garmin gps. And will allow you to do what youre after. Will lay tracks and routes just like your garmin. For 10 bucks its cheap back up unit! And great to study should you be sitting around bored at work :)

Does it require cell service to operate correctly? I know that the mapping apps on my phone quit working right when I lose cell service even though I still have GPS signal.

JR2

Reaction score
I put the Navonics app on my Nexus 7 tablet and it works great, the app is free, the maps are $50... The nexus has a GPS built in so it functions as my backup chartplotter on the boat and allows me to plan trips and such while sitting at work.

The only thing I don't like about the Navonics app, and its been mentioned multiple times before, is that it will not orient the maps to course up.. so the map will not rotate depending on your course like a chartplotter will, but for planning trips or looking at charts it works great. Also be sure to download all the maps you need before hitting the water.

alaskabliss

Reaction score
I use the Inavgps app. $50 but worth it.

If you need gps on a iPhone or pad, get the bad elf external gps that's connects with Bluetooth. I believe it's $100.