Old gas disposal??

urbanhillbilly

Reaction score
I was gifted an old phazer…. It has almost a full tank of gas and has been sitting for several years. What can I do with the old gas?? Never dealt with it before.

Thanks in advance

AKBEE

Reaction score
If you google solid waste station for anchorage and ER it will list hours and such. Siphon the old gas into gas jugs and dispose of easily and legally at their sites. They pour it out and return the containers to you. There is a certain amount free (I think 5 gall) and then a disposal fee.

kasilofchrisn

Reaction score
I've never dealt with that much old gas.
But whenever I have a small amount of old gas say a couple cups from a power ice auger or small motor I usually dump it in my burn barrel with a bunch of paper and box trash.
Then it's a simple matter of throwing a match in there.

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

Daveinthebush

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Drain it all out and put in a separate container filtering it if you can as you go, so you know positively what container that is. Add to it 5-6 ounces of Seafoam. Mix small amounts at a time into other devices such as the mower, chainsaw, and such. Gas is going to get a lot higher in price over this winter as is any petroleum product. Crayons, paint, natural gas, home heating oil, plastics....

I save all of my oil changes into jugs. I also save my diesel fuel filter old fuel. I mix them 50/50 and squirt a couple ounces it into my woodstove to start the morning fires.

iofthetaiga

Reaction score
Just mix it in with fresh and burn it through?
If it's clean, unseparated and free of water I mix it with a tank of fresh and burn it through one of my vehicles. I don't like to run old gas through my small engines, I only feed them good stuff. Otherwise, I mix it at a ratio of 1 part gas to 3 parts diesel and use it for burn fuel. Or, as recommended, it can be taken to the borough landfill for disposal. (It's free).

kasilofchrisn

Reaction score
HINT: Be careful if you follow the burn barrel advise above. Even a small amount of liquid gas can produce a lot of vapor and a HUGE fireball when you toss that match.
Absolutely! Safety is a must!
Like I said that's why I only do it if I have a cup or two of old/bad gas.
If it were a whole tank full I wouldn't burn it.

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

Sid

Reaction score
Every one has there way to burn old gas , gas can be a problem , be careful with it, gas vapor can do a lot to spoil your day real fast

urbanhillbilly

Reaction score
So I ended up with about 2 gallons total. It is definitely a pre mixed gas, but there is no separation and appears to be clean.