Offroad alaska show

Hunt&FishAK

Reaction score
To: alaska off road show goers,

i regret to inform you that every single member of your show are a bunch of absolute morons. To think it takes you 5-8 hours to " rally hard" to the glacier is indeed a sign of complete stupidity and total ignorance. You call yourselves offroaders. You remind me of Idiots. Please leave our state and stop Acting like the sons of joe dirt.

Signed sincerely,
someone who knows it doesn't take 5 hours to get to Knik glacier even in my standard f150.
Stop being dumb ducks.

ps. Your ruining our environment and making yourselves look like total jackasses

sayak

Reaction score
I tuned that in a few nights ago. I'm not an off-roader, and I don't know Knik Glacier myself, but I assume that is what "Wolf Glacier" is, right? I had to laugh over the guy who was moaning about cutting trees in the trail "...cause that isn't an Alaskan thing to do.". What a crock this show is, but I expect that, so it was mildly entertaining.

AKBEE

Reaction score
I watched part of it just to see what they were driving and the scenery. I agree with you completely- complete bull---- show. It is a shame that one of these shows can't show real people doing real things in the real settings and just let it be what Alaska really is- beautiful and amazing by itself.

AK Ray

Reaction score
It's interesting that they are having troubles driving on roads that little kids drive ATVs on without issue all summer long. And the narrator knows nothing about vehicles or geology. I'll keep an eye on the show just to see the scenery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EricL

Reaction score
Funny, was watching the show as I'm reading the post. Not very accurate on much of anything but recognize most of the areas.

Catch It

Reaction score
Come on Mutt, a reality show wouldn't falsely create adversity and drama.......or would they ;)

Alaskanmutt

Reaction score
Come on Mutt, a reality show wouldn't falsely create adversity and drama.......or would they ;)

Well I don't know...... The "family" in Homer seems like they are going to die each week if they can't get those fence post drove with that new track loader, or if they can't ride the new snowmobile out to the frozen lake to catch fish they will starve....

sayak

Reaction score
Well I don't know...... The "family" in Homer seems like they are going to die each week if they can't get those fence post drove with that new track loader, or if they can't ride the new snowmobile out to the frozen lake to catch fish they will starve....
Yup, two little fish... or a rabbit... or a few dipnet caught fish from China Poot. We've gotten the snacks out and laughed ourselves silly.

hodgeman

Reaction score
Well...if you really want to ring your bell check out "Slednecks"...perhaps the dumbest AK reality show yet.

hogfamily

Reaction score
Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, A
Then there is this thing...

remote-control.jpg

just sayin'...

Alaskanmutt

Reaction score
Then there is this thing...

remote-control.jpg

just sayin'...

Yep.

I don't watch these shows, just as I skim through them looking for good programming.
Not as bad as that mud lovin redneck show on Discovery. Follow the antics of "lil bit" (ain't very little) her husband Bubba and her friend "fat legs" (good description) And no I don't watch that one either.

AK Ray

Reaction score
Here, laugh at our neighbors, then laugh at the world laughing at our neighbors, then poach some BLM data here.

The first link provides some interesting insight from our neighbors on the show. Its not even close to scripted reality TV production. The second link is pretty hard to deal with, but there is some insight by page 16. The BLM data will help you pinpoint some of the trails if you are not already a user of the system.

Trip

Reaction score
For what its worth, they spent a good deal of time stopping just to shoot their staged water crossings and stunts. First ran across them parked on the sand dunes just across Jims Creek on the hills. Pressed on and stopped at Wolfpoint for a lunch break and a couple of them showed up again with camera crews in tow. When asked what they were filming we did not get a straight answer, so now I know. We made our way to the glacier, took a second or third break before running across them again as they were just getting to the area. In 5 hours I can unload the rigs go to the glacier and be back home. :banghead:

Mike Echo

Reaction score
Watch the show and you can see why it takes them forever to get anywhere! Their scene sequences makes me believe they are running in circles.

tccak71

Reaction score

That's probably the one show I like on reality tv, though I do get sick of the do or die theme they've got going.