Nunivak muskox spring hunt info request

AFHunter

Reaction score
Thanks Milo

Thanks Milo

I was hoping my dollar figures were close. The muskox hunt on Nunivak is not going to be a cheap one, but a once in a lifetime hunt. Thanks again for everyone who replied. This site always come through with contacts and information for me. Keep up the good work.

nutter3

Reaction score
AF Hunter,
Old thread I know...but, if you're still around here, how was the hunt?
I drew a tag for Mar 08, just curious how things went and if the costs were as you expected. Thanks

xmohuntr

Reaction score
muskox

muskox

did the hunt with Shavings in the spring of '05. Beautiful counrty vast and empty but beautiful in its own way. Use AK Airlines points for the trip. Ed will cost you $4000+ but 100% worth the expense. His sons will accompany you over the whole island if needed and find the right animal. We looked at 30+ before I chose my animal. Because being very open and vast the weather changes in a minute. Having the help caping and cutting before the weather closes was great. We got caught coming back accross the island in a bad snow squall, winds over 60+ and visibility less than 10ft. Ed and family treat you like a member of the family. Bring along a .17 or .223 for Artic Fox, their everywhere and huge on the island.

Total trip cost for me, including mount was close to 10K

RC

fishermann222

Reaction score
AK miles

AK miles

Can't use AK miles to the island anymore. ERA does not fly out anymore. YOu have to take Grant or Hageland from Bethel out. Last time I flew price was 308 round trip from Bethel. I am sure by March the price will be up another 50 or so.

Have a good trip.

love2hunt

Reaction score
Can't use AK miles to the island anymore. ERA does not fly out anymore. YOu have to take Grant or Hageland from Bethel out. Last time I flew price was 308 round trip from Bethel. I am sure by March the price will be up another 50 or so.

Have a good trip.
So it was cheaper when ERA was partner with Alaska. I paid under $300 RT from ANC to MYU in 05.