No Gun Confiscation In Alaska During Future Crises

dwhunter

Reaction score
Some may be already aware of this but I felt it would be worth sharing. It just showed up in todays issue of bullet points by the National shooting sports foundation.

Doug

NO GUN CONFISCATION IN ALASKA DURING FUTURE CRISES…Reacting to the unlawful confiscation of firearms in New Orleans following Hurricane Katrina, Alaska has passed new “Emergency Powers” legislation that prevents government officials from imposing restrictions on lawful possession, transfer, sale, transport, storage, display or use of firearms and ammunition during a disaster emergency.

Jbrian

Reaction score
I could rant about what happened in NOLA from now until you threw me off this forum. Thank God our legislature responded to this constitutional crisis they way they did as fast as they did. I do not agree with a lot what goes on in Juneau but when it comes to being ‘allowed’ to protect ourselves we have it much better than most other places. For a guy who lives in Fairbanks I spend a fair amount of time in NOLA, (in-laws) and I promise you I do not do it unarmed.

reuben_j_cogburn

Reaction score
Alaskans giving them up!!

Alaskans giving them up!!

I know a few Alaskans!... Them giving up their guns is something I would like to witness... The only thing better would be the LEO having the gonads.....
Most you guy's seem to have a bit more sand than many down here. it's one of the reasons I'm moving up!!
I think I feel safer in a wilder place if that makes any sense....

ciao y'all......

stevelyn

Reaction score
I know a few Alaskans!... Them giving up their guns is something I would like to witness... The only thing better would be the LEO having the gonads.....
Most you guy's seem to have a bit more sand than many down here. it's one of the reasons I'm moving up!!
I think I feel safer in a wilder place if that makes any sense....

ciao y'all......

I am a LEO and I can tell you it'll be cold day in the netherworld before I obey an order to confiscate lawfully owned firearms from peaceable citizens.

tyrex13

Reaction score
I new those lazy bums were good for something!
icon_smile_big.gif

45north

Reaction score
ya right

ya right

You could sooner and easier pull rosie from the table than guns from Alaskans...

45north

jreed

Reaction score
God bless AK

God bless AK

I am a LEO and I can tell you it'll be cold day in the netherworld before I obey an order to confiscate lawfully owned firearms from peaceable citizens.

This is the case with almost all LEO's. God bless Alaska for being proactive and pro-gun. I've been here almost 5 years and this is a big reason we moved here. The anit-gun sentiment in the lower 48 is getting scary.

akula682

Reaction score
This is the case with almost all LEO's. God bless Alaska for being proactive and pro-gun. I've been here almost 5 years and this is a big reason we moved here. The anit-gun sentiment in the lower 48 is getting scary.

I'll chime in on this too... I decided to move to AK for the same reasons that are being mentioned here. NY State kept that B.S. "Assult Weapons Ban" on the books after it expired on the Federal Level. I cant even get a Hi-Cap mag for any of my firearms, and it's getting worse. So I am moving out.

Hope to be up there for good in August. I have my "in person" interview with the State Troopers next month up in Anchorage. I hope it all goes well.

Alaskacajun

Reaction score
I didn't plan on handing them over anyway! They did themselves a favor....:D

- Clint

scattergunguy

Reaction score
Molon Labe!

I'm glad to see Alaskans are pretty much pro-gun and pro-2A. I'm sure there are a few antis that live here though.

null20071

Reaction score
unlawful orders

unlawful orders

Even in the military a young private E1 knows to ignore an illegal order.

I hope all officers and government officials and the govenor of LA. who violated the constitution by issuing illegal orders and following illegal orders, burn in hell.

At least 1 state (Alaska) has the wisdom and honor and courage to stop this NAZI activity before it spreads.

Maybe New Orleans will start death camps next.....when life and death events arise we find our true heros and scum villians.

New Orleans is a city of true skum of the earth government officials.(majority not all)

jedi

Last edited:

NDTerminator

Reaction score
Another LEO here, about to retire and trying to move to AK. Including myself, I don't know or work with another LEO who would obey an illegal order to confiscate firearms. Here in ND as in AK, we are by & large country folk with a mighty independent, pro 2A attitude.

NO was a black eye for law enforcement on several levels...

M

Mark

....NO was a black eye for law enforcement on several levels...

I think the place was a black eye for all involved. Government at all levels as well as the civilian population that didn't leave when warned.

And I doubt it will be getting better in any way anytime soon.........

backwoodsman

Reaction score
The same type of law was passed in Missouri as well, just a few weeks ago.

null20071

Reaction score
good to hear

good to hear

Another LEO here, about to retire and trying to move to AK. Including myself, I don't know or work with another LEO who would obey an illegal order to confiscate firearms. Here in ND as in AK, we are by & large country folk with a mighty independent, pro 2A attitude.

NO was a black eye for law enforcement on several levels...

I know you LEO with heart and brains and morals are out there.

Thankful for your service.

Jedi

Latest posts