New to the forum and state!

txsuddethak

Reaction score
My wife and I just moved up from Texas to the Kenai Peninsula! Just wanted to drop and introduce myself, and hope everyone is having a successful hunting season so far! I won't have my guns up here until first of October, so until then just trying to get settled in and learn the land a little! Saw a handful of Wigeon on the middle Kenai river last week while trout fishing! Good luck everyone! uploadfromtaptalk1410418276398.jpg

Duckhunter01

Reaction score
Welcome to AK! just in time to hunker down and get ready for winter. Not without enjoying the beauty of fall first though. Enjoy it.

There are some great guys on this forum and throughout the Outdoors Directory system, you willl find a ton of information. Enjoy your stay
Hugh

AGL4now

Unavailable
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.........This is a great time of year to take a camera and do a "Easy" day hike up Summit Creek. The colors are breathtaking.

Brian M

***** Admin
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, sir! How did you choose the Kenai area? Is that were work led you, or...? It's a wonderful area, and as AGL alluded to, there is some great hiking to be had in the Kenai Mountains.

Birdstrike

Reaction score
Welcome to AK. The non-resident small game only hunting license is cheap. That will give you the ability to get out and explore while looking for ptarmigan, grouse, and hares.

txsuddethak

Reaction score
Thank you guys! We are in love with out new home, work brought us to the peninsula! We work for a non profit! Is the small game and duckstamps all I need for duck hunting? We may go check out that Summit Creek hike!

AGL4now

Unavailable
Reaction score
It is well worth the trip, and is a fairly easy hike. For a super bonus, when you get to the back, turn a hard left, and go to the end of the lake, then take a hard right up the hill to an enchanting box canyon that is not very deep, but fun to wander around in. The colors this time of year are awesome.

We may go check out that Summit Creek hike!