Need bolt for Great Western Colt clone

mauserboy

Reaction score
My neighbor brought over his dad's old Great Western Arms Co. single action because the cylinder wouldn't turn. The bolt is broken so that it doesn't lower and so the cylinder stays locked. So, I need to find a bolt for this 70s piece. I have taken reasonable shots of the revolver and the bolt. Serial number is GW9436. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 0
  • bolt 3 (3).JPG
    bolt 3 (3).JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 0

gunbugs

Reaction score
Might have one laying around. I'll get back to you in a couple days.

tvfinak

Reaction score
Most of the old SAA copies are almost exact mechanical copies - they makers didn't pay the cost to change anything.

Try any of the parts houses for a full size Colt SAA bolt- it should work fine with minor fitting.

mauserboy

Reaction score
"Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?"

A rather bizaare statement. So, does this mean if you aren't a city dweller you're not patriotic and a free-loader? Snooty and liberal sounding, IMHO.

Amigo Will

Reaction score
Most of the old SAA copies are almost exact mechanical copies - they makers didn't pay the cost to change anything.

Try any of the parts houses for a full size Colt SAA bolt- it should work fine with minor fitting.

Being the guns were made using mostly Colt parts I'm sure Colt parts would work.

Latest posts