Most comfortable WIDE boots

alottabs

Reaction score
Tupper Lake, NEW YORK IN THE CENTER OF THE ADIROND
Looking to purchase a new pair of boots for my upcoming hunt. I require a WIDE boot and I am looking at Lowas and Crispis. Can anyone give me their experiences with either of these WIDE boots. Both are quite expensive so I would like to get some feed back before I purchase. THANKS!!!

BRWNBR

Reaction score
I’m going they lathrop and sons boot fitting process and I’m a EE, if I remember your like 4E? Anyway in our talking the lowa was the boots we were going to end up going with if they couldn’t mold one of their boots wide enough for me. Whatever that’s worth. Never owned the crispi. Check out rokslide.com it’s another forum with more gear heads than a rei store. Tons of crispi and lowa boot information there.

Try this
http://www.rokslide.com/forums/forum79/

AKMooseMan

Reaction score
Looking to purchase a new pair of boots for my upcoming hunt. I require a WIDE boot and I am looking at Lowas and Crispis. Can anyone give me their experiences with either of these WIDE boots. Both are quite expensive so I would like to get some feed back before I purchase. THANKS!!!

Kenetrek gets my vote!

I have always had “troubled feet”....8.5, EEE, and a super high arch. These are not the cheapest boot by a long shot...but I now own an insulated and non-insulated pair. Alaska to Mongolia - they’re the only hunting and hiking boot I’ll own going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKducks

Reaction score
I wear 10.5 4E (I could probably go 10 4E) and I wear Kenetreks that they have worked great (took them on several caribou hunts and a goat hunt and have yet to have a blister). my feet also pronate so I get some special insoles to put in them.

I think the big thing is go to the store and try them on. Don't leave with a boot that is uncomfortable.

gokorn1

Reaction score
I just ordered a pair of schnee's and they should be here Friday. I too have wide feet and will let you know how they turn out.

Lathrop and Sons custom boots may be your best bet, that way you have something that youll know is fit to your feet

icb12

Reaction score

Lowas and Crispis same size wides fit very similar for me. Both solid boots.

I didn't have good luck with Lowa durability. And the tibet isn't (or wasn't) offered in a wide AND tall version. I prefer taller boots. Enter the Crispi hunter. Crispi is much lighter feeling, has better rocker on the sole. Crispis have a better heel pocket. A very comfortable boot straight out of the box. Lowas felt a little stiffer overall. Lowa has better lacing.

I've also destroyed meindls, kenetreks, and zamberlans. All 10.5 wide.

My overall rankings:
1. Crispi
2. Meindl
3. Lowa

I wouldn't buy zamberlans or kenetreks ever again.

4merguide

Reaction score
Whatever you decide, you may want to try on the boots for fit at one of the local stores, then go online to Sierra Trading Post and see if they have them in the size you want. A few years back I did just that with some Kenetreks and saved over half from what Sportsman's sells them for. It's worth a look anyway. Plus if you get on STP mailing list they'll often offer even more savings as well. Good luck!

GD Yankee

Reaction score
If you still live in Tupper Lake and have time for a nice day trip, head over to Burlington, VT. Unfortunately EMS is out of business, but there is an LL Bean store and a Sierra Trading Post - they should have a decent selection of boots to try. Then stop at Ri Ra's on Church Street for a wee pint and laugh at the lunatic circus show milling about.

Barryjdi

Reaction score
A vote for schnees granite. Wide front and narrow heel. I find that anything wide enough for me has a loose heel. Schnees come in a wide and worked well for me.

GD Yankee

Reaction score
Limmers....best boots I've ever worn.

They've always had a great reputation. What a shame EMS went bankrupt. They had their flagship store in North Conway, NH a few miles south of the Limmer shop. 20 years ago I dropped into the Limmer shop in North Conway (Intervale) and thought the long wait for a custom boot was too long... Ha! Need to swing by again and seal the deal.

yukon254

Reaction score
They've always had a great reputation. What a shame EMS went bankrupt. They had their flagship store in North Conway, NH a few miles south of the Limmer shop. 20 years ago I dropped into the Limmer shop in North Conway (Intervale) and thought the long wait for a custom boot was too long... Ha! Need to swing by again and seal the deal.

I bought mine about 12 years ago now. The wait wasn't as long as it is now. I've worn those boots on every mountain hunt I've done since I got them, and since I guide full time that is a lot of miles. They are the only hiking boot I've ever owned that kept my feet dry, and they have no waterproof membrane...just good thick leather. It is clear that those boots will outlast me, they were worth every penny.

robAK

Reaction score
Don’t get married to a brand name or opinion. All boots mention will work for AK. Cabela meindl is another to consider. Most important is to condition both the boots and your body for your hunt. Find a boot that fits and run with it. Most of these boots require miles of break in too, so don’t neglect that either. My .02

Latest posts