Moose gods were smiling

AK Bearcat

Reaction score
OH MY LORD!!!!!!! That is impressive and I would be willing to bet, a lot of work!!!
Congrats!

Roger

Reaction score
I should of stopped by and said hi. Drove by you on the way out of P-Ville nice bull. Seen a bunch on good bulls come out P-Ville this season. How wide was he ?

Happily

Reaction score
Thanks everyone I'm very pleased, a lot of work. He was 8'6" nose to tail didn't get the paw to paw. No he was 63" wide.This pic is a bit more realistic. bull.jpg a lot of people up p'ville but I only go where 4 wheelers can't and humans don't want to

MarineHawk

Reaction score
Only 63" is only a dream to most. Congrats.

Agreed. And the really-long points IMO add to the exceptional look of the antlers. It will make a great mount. Congratulations. And I love the idea of going further than most to get something better.

sh

Reaction score
Thanks everyone I'm very pleased, a lot of work. He was 8'6" nose to tail didn't get the paw to paw. No he was 63" wide.This pic is a bit more realistic. View attachment 81062 a lot of people up p'ville but I only go where 4 wheelers can't and humans don't want to
excellent moose, and thanks for posting pics.
does that mean you are walking in somewhere that people won't go to, or you are using some sort of tracked rig where wheelers can't follow you.

Roger45

Reaction score
Nice monster. Interesting that it appears to have two brow tines on one side and three on the other, genetics. Something like this is obvious 50 plus, so it is a great learning experience for those with minimal experience. Congratulations!

Happily

Reaction score
I did see some tracked vehicles in one of my favorite spots but sadly I don't own one. Maybe next decade. Just hiking. The moose had 2 obvious tines on one side with a small abnormal 3rd and 3 obvious large ones the other.

AKFreezerFiller

Reaction score
Awesome bull. Even more so that you put in the work to get it without all the fancy toys. I definitely put some miles on my boots this year unsuccessfully looking for my first bull so you are an inspiration.

Happily

Reaction score
Awesome bull. Even more so that you put in the work to get it without all the fancy toys. I definitely put some miles on my boots this year unsuccessfully looking for my first bull so you are an inspiration.
I wish but thanks. I did use an atv some this year, but had to go back to basics. You can't chase a moose. If gold is where you find it, then moose are where the people aren't. Sometimes 100 yards off the road is 99 yards out of everyone elses reach. Friends and family do swear at me when they get nominated to help pack meat but thats the fun part in reality. No great story starts out with "and then we backed the truck up to it".