Moose are heavy...work smarter, not harder.

Ellamar

Reaction score
Alaskan moose are heavy. Lots of work getting moose to boat. More fun getting boat to moose.

These pictures are from last weekend, a couple friends shot a moose on a side slough off the river. Packing the moose through the marsh to the boat parked on the main river would be a monumental task. Plan B, bring the boat to the moose...
Wooly Jump.jpg woolyjump2.jpg

Reactions: BTK

Music Man

Reaction score
You need to send those to Glen, he could use them in his ads.

Voyageur

Reaction score
Alaskan moose are heavy. Lots of work getting moose to boat. More fun getting boat to moose.

These pictures are from last weekend, a couple friends shot a moose on a side slough off the river. Packing the moose through the marsh to the boat parked on the main river would be a monumental task. Plan B, bring the boat to the moose...
View attachment 80877 View attachment 80878

Lol!!! Awesome! Where's the video?!?!? Glens got enough marketing material the last week to last him for years!

Yukoner

Reaction score
Man, thats a lot of boat to get air with.
Probably easier and less stressful to bring a small canoe along. Not as cool though:lol:

AGL4now

Unavailable
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't see anything smart about destroying a beaver dam. Now SMART would have been to not shoot a moose if your to lazy to pack it. But I guess destructive machines willfully destroying wildlife habitat gives a lot of you men orgasms. I just find it sad, disrespectful and disgusting. But then I have a deep love and reverence for the majesty of Alaska, an experience you lack.

Armed_alaskan

Reaction score
That's why they call them busy beavers. Give them something to do,,,,repair time is all the time for beavers.

Now were did I put those traps?

Reactions: BTK

Akgramps

Reaction score
Sorry, I don't see anything smart about destroying a beaver dam. Now SMART would have been to not shoot a moose if your to lazy to pack it. But I guess destructive machines willfully destroying wildlife habitat gives a lot of you men orgasms. I just find it sad, disrespectful and disgusting. But then I have a deep love and reverence for the majesty of Alaska, an experience you lack.

WOW.......!

Yukoner

Reaction score
Really? Besides Mosquitos, I can't think of any northern critter more tenacious or prolific than Beavers.
Tear that dam out with an excavator, and it will be rebuilt in a day or two. And I don't see any destroyed Beaver dam in that picture.
I've never heard of a Beaver referred to as majestic. Eagles, Griz, never Beavers..... Besides, they give us Giardiasis. Down with Beavers!!

Armed_alaskan

Reaction score
Really? Besides Mosquitos, I can't think of any northern critter more tenacious or prolific than Beavers.
Tear that dam out with an excavator, and it will be rebuilt in a day or two. And I don't see any destroyed Beaver dam in that picture.
I've never heard of a Beaver referred to as majestic. Eagles, Griz, never Beavers..... Besides, they give us Giardiasis. Down with Beavers!!

Eat a beaver save a tree. I hear they taste like chicken, ( just kidding) they really taste like the type of wood they eat.

Yukoner

Reaction score
Apparently Otters prey heavily on Beavers. They will tear out part of a dam, and when the Beavers come out of the lodge to repair the breach (they get all agitated by the sound of running water), the Otters go in to the lodge, eat the kits, and kill the adults when they return.
Its true, really. So much for cute little Otters.
They don't eat Aluminum though, so the Wooldridge is safe.

BTK

Reaction score

He thought IT was TEOTWAWKI, so it's cool. That must have been a rush--nice pictures.

Rob B

Reaction score
That's awesome. Don't mind the dirt lovin tree hugger's comments. I'm surprised he's not out chasing all those bears he keep me bragging about

bkmail

Reaction score
I suppose the tree hugger wouldn't like to see where an airboat is capable of going.
Thats OK, he's a hippocrate and I try to just ignore his silly posts that are meant to stir the pot anyway.

BK

Bullelkklr

Reaction score
The whole valley needs to have a bunch of beaver dams blown up with dynamite. Northern pike love the salmon that get trapped in those beaver dams.