Military Firearms Range Day. It's a GO!

hogfamily

Reaction score
Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, A
Military Firearms Range Day

Upper Susitna Shooters Association Range Talkeetna Alaska.

Sunday July 21 0900 – 1700 (9:00am – 5:00pm).

This will be an informal event.

Bring your legal military firearms and reproductions, US and foreign, from flintlocks to AR15s.

Bring your military surplus and reproduction accouterments to show and tell.

Don’t have a military firearm? Come and shoot the many that will be available to try out.

Bring your kids so they can see our heritage and history.

We will be set up on the 200 yard range. All ranges will be available to exercise your military firearm(s).

hogfamily

Reaction score
Thanks to Astroturf3040 there will be a Civilian Marksmanship Program As-Issued Military Rifle Course at the Military Firearms Range Day.

Participating in this Course will meet the participation in a marksmanship related activity requirement to purchase a M1 Grand from the CMP

2zZUECRl.jpg

vZkzIT2l.jpg

tracen8r

Reaction score
That sounds like a great time! Thanks for the effort to get it organized.

Mkay

Reaction score
Stay tuned for updates!

XH8cIQrl.jpg

Thank you for organizing this event. You are to be commended. One minor issue. I believe this competition should be limited to weapons/ calibers of proven historical reputation. Brown Bess muskets, Springfield muzzle loaders, and of course .303 Enfields, 8 by 57 Mausers, 30.06, and a whole host of battle proven calibers. Battle tested, which would include the 6.5 by 55 Swedish, but definitely not the 6.5 Creedmore. The Creedmore is a caliber of miniscule military history and is of little value, other than target practice and plinking empty beer cans.
Thank You

Reaction score
Thank you for organizing this event. You are to be commended. One minor issue. I believe this competition should be limited to weapons/ calibers of proven historical reputation. Brown Bess muskets, Springfield muzzle loaders, and of course .303 Enfields, 8 by 57 Mausers, 30.06, and a whole host of battle proven calibers. Battle tested, which would include the 6.5 by 55 Swedish, but definitely not the 6.5 Creedmore. The Creedmore is a caliber of miniscule military history and is of little value, other than target practice and plinking empty beer cans.
Thank You

looks like you didn’t read the rules for the competition.. if you can get 10rds off in 80 seconds with a Brown Bess you are one bad mofo

Mkay

Reaction score
Got me on that one. Sharpe's rifles could barely get off 3 rounds a minute.

Reaction score
For those of you who didn't go missed out on some fun and shooting a sanctioned camp vintage rifle shoot. Again great shoot!

LeonardC

Reaction score
Thanks to all that set this up and came out to have fun and share their toys with the rest of us.

I hadn't shot comp. for a long time and really enjoyed the easy, but very safe, format of the shoot. I had a lot of ammo loaded up to share but didn't need to...looks like I'd better spend some time working on my standing with the left over ammo!

Hope to see you guys & gals on the range again.

hogfamily

Reaction score
Thank you to all that participated in this event.

We did not get a large turn out but those that came had an opportunity to shoot some really nice military firearms.

The CMP As Issued Rifle Course was well attended and the shooters all had a great time.

The USSA Range admin is already discussing next years Military Firearms Range Day!

HUZZAH!