Marita?

Mugs Stump

Reaction score
Good parts department

Good parts department

Thought I'd toss in my two bits. I've not bought a boat from them, but I did buy a Suzuki outboard from them, and they were pleasant to deal with. Also, their parts department is top notch--I had a couple of old Merc outboards I needed parts for, and it took them a lot of digging, but they stuck to it until they found the parts.

Yukoner

Reaction score
To be fair, I was a bit cheesed off when I had received no reply from the Marita website contact address, but I phoned and talked to John, and he has been very good about getting back to me.
I still haven't bought a boat yet, but we'll see.

excav8tr

Reaction score
yukoner, check out rocky's marine in petersburg. he has a wooly xl in stock...i'm sure he could put it on the ferry for you up to haines or skagway.....not sure which model your looking for though...just a thought & his service is great

Yukoner

Reaction score
yukoner, check out rocky's marine in petersburg. he has a wooly xl in stock...i'm sure he could put it on the ferry for you up to haines or skagway.....not sure which model your looking for though...just a thought & his service is great
Thanks for the heads up.
The XL, while a great looking boat, is not the boat for me. Those Alaskans just beat a feller up on the lakes, and I run the lakes here a lot.
Cheers
Paul

Dirtofak

Reaction score
To be fair, I was a bit cheesed off when I had received no reply from the Marita website contact address, but I phoned and talked to John, and he has been very good about getting back to me.
I still haven't bought a boat yet, but we'll see.

You don't know cheesed off until you buy a boat from them!

swampdonkey

Reaction score
I bought my Wooly through Marita. Out of all the toy purchases I've made, Marita has provided the best, most responsive, reliable service. Hasn't been always perfect but they've listened and responded and made a special effort to get me out on the water.

This has been my experience as well. Granted, the prices could be better, but it is what it is. I've dealt solely with their salesmanTodd Towelle on 2 boats and 2 snowmachines and honestly, I can't say anything bad about how they dealt with me regarding the sell or their services. I actually recommend them and the folks I've sent to them have had good things to say as well. Humph, go figure...

Captain Ron

Reaction score
I have bought a boat, RIB and misc stuff from them and have always been treated well. Service on the boat and engines was better than some other outfits. All boat shops start getting swamped as the boating season starts. In general no complaints.

broncoformudv

Reaction score
Yukoner have you tried dealing directly with Wooldridge? They are very straightforward and answer emails promptly. Why pay the middle man?

While I have never purchased anything from Marita I have been in there several times with a friend of mine this winter dealing with his snowmachine and have not been impressed. Needless to say I will never buy anything from them even if they are the only one in town that has it. Just as soon wait on something to make it here in the mail.

Yukoner

Reaction score
Well, all I can say is that like dealers everywhere, they have their supporters and detractors. My local Arctic Cat/BRP/Lowe/Harbercraft etc dealer gets all sorts of reviews, good and bad. I have always bought from them and had great service, which is why I always bought Arctic Cat sleds. Not from any brand loyalty, just great dealer support.
I certainly appreciate everyones opinions.
If I had managed to sell my boat earlier this winter, I probably would have ordered right from WB, but now they are pushing late August for delivery (great to hear they are busy) but that means most of the season w/o a boat. So, I either find the boat I want at a dealer, or keep waiting for the right used one to come up, which could also leave me boatless when fall comes around.
I'm sure you guys have all been there at some point.
Have a good weekend eh.

Shum

Reaction score
Yukoner have you tried dealing directly with Wooldridge? They are very straightforward and answer emails promptly. Why pay the middle man?.

Can you buy straight from Wooldridge (Maybe at MSRP???)? I worked with Glen and after we got the boat all outlined I was told I had to go through my local dealer for the sale. They (our local rep) wanted to mark it up way to much to simply move my money to Seattle (I was even going to pick it up at the shop in Seattle so they didn't have to touch it). That said I didn't buy, anyone know of an XL for sale, I'm in the market.

tzieli22

Reaction score
Okay so just an update, I spoke to the folks at Marita while I was at the sportsman show in Anchorage about this thread and told them that they may want to focus on this sales support issue. They acknowledged that at times they are not staffed effectively. But they also said they have tried to staff for the buy season but found it to be worse because of sales staff knowledge. So while I was not interested in buying a wooldridge, I did want to buy a new raft. So I looked at them at the Sportsman show, and told them I would stop by the shop after the show and pick out the raft and purchase it. This Tuesday 4/12 I called before heading over telling them I wanted to look at a raft, the guy I was working with was heading to lunch and said, no problem, I'll wait to go until you show up, I was about 15 minutes late but he was still there. We worked through my questions, sealed the deal and was out the door in about 30 minutes. My experience with them was a 5 out of 5 so it did work out okay for me. Found them very easy to work with.

BigSuBoater

Reaction score
I haven't dealt with them before this year, I purchased a sport jet XL from them and my father an outboard a few weeks ago. I haven't picked my boat up yet (hopefully this thursday) but when the shaft was too short on the motor my father bought for his boat they seemed to have gone above and beyond to help him...even brought the new motor out to his house.

My I opinion may change with time but so far...nothing negative...