M6 Scout

Chez

Reaction score
I just picked up a M6 Scout, .22 Hornet over .410. I've wanted one since the 80's and this is the first one I've seen in person so I grabbed it.

Anyway I wanted to know if anyone has loaded specifically for this gun or has any recipes for the 22 Hornet?

BrownBear

Reaction score
Nice score!

I load for my bud's, and it decidedly prefers 45 grain bullets. Federal small pistol primers and Winchester cases. His is happiest (i.e., tiny groups) with about 2 grains under max of Lil Gun. Never chronoed it, but I'm guessing it's shades a little past 2500fps with that combo. Not "hot" but who needs faster?

Couple of precautions. Be sure the inside of the case mouth is well chamfered, or you'll crush some necks when seating the bullets. Also be VERY gentle if you decide to crimp, or you'll have neck problems, too. I elected not to crimp at all and I neck size-only for case life, and have had no issues.

Chez

Reaction score
Nice score!

I load for my bud's, and it decidedly prefers 45 grain bullets. Federal small pistol primers and Winchester cases. His is happiest (i.e., tiny groups) with about 2 grains under max of Lil Gun. Never chronoed it, but I'm guessing it's shades a little past 2500fps with that combo. Not "hot" but who needs faster?

Couple of precautions. Be sure the inside of the case mouth is well chamfered, or you'll crush some necks when seating the bullets. Also be VERY gentle if you decide to crimp, or you'll have neck problems, too. I elected not to crimp at all and I neck size-only for case life, and have had no issues.

Are all cases the same or will some be thicker than others? I found some online from "Privi" something or other, and they are relatively inexpensive.

BrownBear

Reaction score
Remington cases "might" be a little thinner at the neck, but that's based on working with only a single box of them. All the others I've used have been Winchester.

Latest posts