Looking for Dall cape ASAP

Ak sheephunter

Reaction score
Hello fellow sheep hunters,

JUST A QUICK QUESTION I'M LOOKING FOR A CAPE IN GOOD CONDITION I FILLED MY SHEEP TAG OPENING DAY BUT THE 11 YEAR OLD KING OF THE HILL FELL A WAYS AND I COULD NOT KEEP THE CAPE.ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT. I FELL THAT I NEED TO HONOR HIM SO EVERYONE CAN SEE WHAT A WONDERFUL ANIMAL HE WAS.... THANKS

AKSHEEPHUNTER

martentrapper

Reaction score
I assume you got the horns out. I also assume you salvaged all the legally required meat. So what was wrong with the cape?

Shoot2Kill

Reaction score
martentrapper said:
I assume you got the horns out. I also assume you salvaged all the legally required meat. So what was wrong with the cape?

Why does every other post on this forum lately have someone making a comment like that? It seems as if nobody trusts anyone to legally take all the meat out. He didn't say anything about the meat being bad..."what was wrong with the cape" We'll lets see..what could happen to a cape on a sheep hunt...many things can happen to a cape if the ram tumbled down the jagged cliffs that sheep are known to live in after the shot. Or maybe the cape didn't get salted in time and is going bad, or maybe he couldn't carry all of it off the mountain and had to leave the cape. Lots of reasons why he needs a new cape.

AKsheephunter...this seems obvious, but start calling taxidermists. I know of a few guys that buy sheep capes from hunters just to be prepared for someone that had something happen to their cape. They'll be your best bet. Good luck to you.

c-ne-elk

Reaction score
Sheep Cape

Sheep Cape

Worse case call Jonas Taxidermy in Littleton, Colorado (Denver)

I know they either have capes or have access to them but they won't be cheap....

AkHunter45

Reaction score
Aumming

Aumming

martentrapper said:
I have to agree with Shoot2Kill, he asked about a cape so he can mount his ram so why do you have to ask about the meat?? Is that really any of your business?? Looks like the "ethics police" got a new recruit.

fishermann222

Reaction score
MT

MT

MT is just trying to stir things up a bit, I am not for sure but I think he is doing it so some of the "ethics police" see what it looks like when someone else behaves the way they do.

fullkurl

Reaction score
Wheres the pic?

Wheres the pic?

Some of us crave the pics of these rams, Ak Sheephunter. Drop a pic of that ole boy. I'd love to see that gnarly 11 yo head. What an old timer....

Congrats by the way!

fullkurl

martentrapper

Reaction score
Back to first grade guys. The first 2 sentances are ended with a period. I didn't ASK about the meat. Nothing in my post requires or asks him to explain anything about the meat or horns. I did ask about the cape. I find it interesting/odd that the meat and horns made it out OK, (I assume, giving him the benefit of the doubt) but his cape isn't useable.
The best place I know of to find taxidermy skins is www.taxidermy.net. There is a forum page there where one can advertise for things you need, as well as scan the for sale page for anything you need being advertised. I occaisionally see dall capes there.
Of course, sheephunter has the complete ability to just ignore my question, instead of stirring things up like a couple of you are.

AkHunter45

Reaction score
LMAO.........coming from the king of "stirring things up"!!

Shoot2Kill

Reaction score
Could be...

Could be...

mtcop71 said:
Shoot2kill is just mad, cause he had to leave Alaska.

Boo-Hoo
Whats up brotha!

That could be part of the problem. :) You're going sheep hunting and I'm not Coop..bastard. :)

No offense MT, I've just been seeing it quite often on here lately, but good idea about taxidermy.net...great place to buy dead stuff.

Sheephunter, call Yukon at Tall Tales Taxidermy 907-338-5313. I know he's got a buddy that sells him his sheep cape every year and if that guy is back from the field already, he'll most likely have one for sale. If not now, surely by the end of the season.

Ak sheephunter

Reaction score
Cape

Cape

Thanks Guys I Did Not Mean To Talk About The Meat All I Wanted To Know If Anyone Had A Idea About Finding A Cape

P.s My Ram Was Old And A Great Monarch Of The Mountains Where He Lived! He Just Fell A Long Ways. Thats Why I Need A Cape........

Shoot2Kill

Reaction score
Ak sheephunter said:
He Just Fell A Long Ways. Thats Why I Need A Cape........

#1 reason why guys need a sheep cape...

I hope you find one so you can display him proudly...by the way...where's the pics of this boy!

Ak sheephunter

Reaction score
Pictures

Pictures

HEY SHOOT2KILL,

i was wondering if you could help me. I can't figure out how to put a picture on the forum can you help with this process thanks a million i would really like to show him off if i could figure out how to do it.

AKSHEEPHUNTER

Boss Gobbler

Reaction score
attaching photo

attaching photo

use the mangae attachments option at the bottom of the post page. You may want to consider changing the size of the photo with another program first to allow for easier viewing.

jpost

Reaction score
sheep cape

sheep cape

I have one in Fairbanks, call me, 907-490-4465.

Michael Strahan

webmaster
Reaction score
Another source for sheep capes

Another source for sheep capes

Ak sheephunter said:
Hello fellow sheep hunters,

JUST A QUICK QUESTION I'M LOOKING FOR A CAPE IN GOOD CONDITION I FILLED MY SHEEP TAG OPENING DAY BUT THE 11 YEAR OLD KING OF THE HILL FELL A WAYS AND I COULD NOT KEEP THE CAPE.ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT. I FELL THAT I NEED TO HONOR HIM SO EVERYONE CAN SEE WHAT A WONDERFUL ANIMAL HE WAS.... THANKS

AKSHEEPHUNTER

For starters, congratulations on your hunt! I hope you can toss a photo our way when you get time...

You might give Russel Knight a shout in Anchorage at Knight's Taxidermy. He's got his hands on a lot of this stuff and could probably help you pretty quickly. He does excellent work too.

Regards,

-Mike

Shoot2Kill

Reaction score
Send it to me...

Send it to me...

Ak sheephunter said:
HEY SHOOT2KILL,

i was wondering if you could help me. I can't figure out how to put a picture on the forum can you help with this process thanks a million i would really like to show him off if i could figure out how to do it.

AKSHEEPHUNTER

AKSheephunter...send it to me at my home email [email protected] and I can resize it and post it for you...but not until Sunday night...sorry! I'll be out of town until then.

mcrowz

Reaction score
Sheep Cape

Sheep Cape

Ak Sheephunter - I got a 38" ram out of 14c on Sunday. I packed the cape out but have since decided not to get it mounted. If you are interested in it give me a call @ 223-5534

Matt

Ak sheephunter

Reaction score
found cape

found cape

Hey Guys,

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP. ENDED UP FINDING A NICE CAPE HOPEFULLY I'LL SAVE SOME MONEY IN THE LONG RUN. I HOPE ANYWAY. THANK- YOU AGAIN FOR ALL THE INPUT FROM MY FELLOW SHEEP HUNTERS OF AK.

AKSHEEPHUNTER

Latest posts