Legal moose or not?

Arcticwildman

Reaction score
Moose season is just around the corner. Time for some antler judging. Had this guy walk through my old neighbors yard in Wasilla.

Is he legal in unit 14B (spike/fork or 50"/3 brow area)?

Attachments

• moose 2.jpg
    moose 2.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 0
  • moose 1.jpg
    moose 1.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 0

Arcticwildman

Reaction score
Yeah, pic is a little blurry. I think my neighbor has a motorola flip phone so his pics always are like that.

Arcticwildman

Reaction score
Another bull that hangs around his yard. Shooter or not?

Attachments

• moose 3.jpg
    moose 3.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 0
  • moose 4.jpg
    moose 4.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 0

SmokeRoss

Reaction score
First bull might be a 3 tiner. Not sure without more pics and angles. He isn't 50" though. Need more pics of both, and zoom in.

AK Bearcat

Reaction score
First bull would be hanging in the meat house,as long as it was legal to shoot where he is at. The second bull would have 'safe passage' around my place! While he 'might' be legal, not from the pictures shown so far!

Arcticwildman

Reaction score
Archery and shotgun are legal. You'd want to be aware of houses in the subdivision depending on where they were standing but 99% of the time they walk through his yard, cross the road and eat in a swamp where there aren't any houses around. I missed my chance at a spike horn two years ago because I couldn't find my slugs. Could have shot it from my deck and had a 50ft pack to my shed where I used to hang my meat.

acg515

Reaction score
Bull 1 isn't 50 but he looks like he has 3 brow tones. Bull 2 is probably a fork. But it's hard to tell from the picture quality.

0321Tony

Reaction score
First one is legal with 3 browtines on his left side but he's only about 43-44". Second looks like a fork on both sides but I'd want to see a side angle to make sure there's not a third point hiding back there.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

SmokeRoss

Reaction score
The 1st pic of the larger bull, can't tell about brow tines. Looks like 2 with a short one between. Next pic I'm thinking what some are saying is 3 brow tines, might be showing the point between the tines and palm. I wouldn't shoot until I knew for sure. Need more pics.

hoose35

Reaction score
The 1st pic of the larger bull, can't tell about brow tines. Looks like 2 with a short one between. Next pic I'm thinking what some are saying is 3 brow tines, might be showing the point between the tines and palm. I wouldn't shoot until I knew for sure. Need more pics.

I disagree, imo that's clearly three brow tines. In the first pic, the middle tine looks short because the outside tine is hiding its length. The second pic shows the three tines much better. Boom, in the freezer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

POLE BENDER

Reaction score
First one is legal with 3 browtines on his left side but he's only about 43-44". Second looks like a fork on both sides but I'd want to see a side angle to make sure there's not a third point hiding back there.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

OR RIGHT AROUND that time theres a brow tine starting!