Lee Loaders

elmerkeithclone

Reaction score
Boy am I late to the party or what?

My older brother bought a beautiful custom made 7mm mag back in the 70s. He spent a bunch on that gun and then did the unthinkable in my mind....then. He bought a Lee loader for it. I used to get so mad at him when he'd bring that chunk of railroad track into the house and then start loading ammo on it. Sounded like a prison chain gang working on the tracks.

I also remember loosing 50 bucks when I bet him that he could not hit 4 golf balls in a row at 200 yards with his home made ammo in that too purdy to hunt with gun.

I ended up buying a Lee loader in 270 and let my brother do the loading for me. He was way into it and back then I was too busy chasing girls and barking at the moon.

Some of the most accurate ammo I ever shot was hammered out on that hunk of railroad track.

Smitty you crack me up. You are always down playing your experience. Your probably right in that I have loaded more ammo than you. That doesn't mean that I always did it right. I was always into quantity and paid little attention to quality. Old age and shooting competitively changed my line of thinking on that and it only happened a few years ago. You on the other hand are a stickler for detail. I can tell from your muzings on this forum and that my friend is a good thing. I refuse to shoot other people's reloads now-a-day but I would shoot yours without reservation.

Smitty of the North

Reaction score
SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points
Smitty you crack me up. You are always down playing your experience. Your probably right in that I have loaded more ammo than you. That doesn't mean that I always did it right. I was always into quantity and paid little attention to quality. Old age and shooting competitively changed my line of thinking on that and it only happened a few years ago. You on the other hand are a stickler for detail. I can tell from your muzings on this forum and that my friend is a good thing. I refuse to shoot other people's reloads now-a-day but I would shoot yours without reservation.

If I ever run for Dog Catcher I want you for my Campaign Manager.

I mean to post a question for you over on the shooting forum.

Smitty of the North